Primers on 280AI

6mm Remington":1aty978m said:
Looks like it's working out pretty well for you! How is the recoil?

It's got a long way to go yet to achieving most accurate rifle and to become my favorite. Gotta beat out that .280 Rem! But only 61 rounds are down her. Kinda got me a little frustrated that its doing that to my primers. But I guess oh well. As far as recoil, I think you could shoot it all day long as long as you don't get the barrel hot. Probably got less kick than a 243 but the muzzle does rise a little more. It's a little heavy, wouldn't want to carry it for 15 miles a day for a week. But its probably the ultimate Nevada desert gun. At least in my mind. Hunting here consists of a lot of spot and stalk, staying in one spot letting them come to you. Some valleys you can see for 30 miles. So I thought it was important to acquire a long range 500-600 yard deer, elk, speed goat gun that's a little heavy so you can worry more about just doing your job than worrying about other varibles.

Take the old pin and knock a few thou off of the tip with a file and then polish it up and see what happens. If the pins are too long it will crater primers too. Did you ever measure the firing pin hole versus the firing pin?

IdahoCTD":2wif1zh0 said:
Take the old pin and knock a few thou off of the tip with a file and then polish it up and see what happens. If the pins are too long it will crater primers too. Did you ever measure the firing pin hole versus the firing pin?

Yes, hole as near as I could tell measures .080 kinda hard with face and lugs in the way, new pin, .078/9 old pin .076/7 and I did order the oversized pin from PTG.

Back