Primers

wvbuckbuster

Handloader
Nov 5, 2015
My wife and I took a little trip this week passing thru couple of states. Found some primers at a reasonable price at a small but well stocked store. Driving home I saw a Sportsman Warehouse and after reading on here about someone finding primers thought I'd check it out. Well, when I asked if they had any large rifle primers they just laughed. Said they hadn't had any in a very long time. So you never know where primers will show up and not all big box stores are the same. Dan.

SW is allowing you to order some primers and powder online and pick up at store to avoid shipping and hazmat. I wonder if this is an error on the website. I can’t imagine how many orders have been placed for large rifle primers the past week.

SW is allowing you to order some primers and powder online and pick up at store to avoid shipping and hazmat. I wonder if this is an error on the website. I can’t imagine how many orders have been placed for large rifle primers the past week.
I just checked now and they now show 29 primers in stock with the Federal 215M primers now added. I ordered online because in the past I would drive to the store and they would have none in stock so this time I ordered deliver to store. Now I place the order this past week and they say my order should be ready around the 23rd of the month. I have not received an email yet so maybe this is a glitch in their system, my credit card still says pending.

Glad you were able to score some Federal GM215M primers.

JD338
I didn't buy any of the GM215 I already have plenty, bought a 5000 case back in 2020 on sale for the price of a 1000 now. I only been buying some CCI to have different choices as I have plenty of the Federals. I'm waiting on my CCI LR and LRM when they show up.

I didn't buy any of the GM215 I already have plenty, bought a 5000 case back in 2020 on sale for the price of a 1000 now. I only been buying some CCI to have different choices as I have plenty of the Federals. I'm waiting on my CCI LR and LRM when they show up.
Gotcha. CCI is a solid choice alternative.

JD338

Gotcha. CCI is a solid choice alternative.

JD338
I have some semi auto rifles and have heard the Federal primer softness could possibly cause slam fire from floating firing pins on semi auto rifles so the reason into having other primer choices if needed.

Back