Prone technique - an article

Most fascinating, Guy. I'll have to give this a try. However, I'm with you. Don't own a single bipod. A little late for me to start now.

I do have a bipod but I use it to get over the tall vegetation when varmint hunting and in a sitting position.
I'm wondering since he talks about less rifle torque during recoil since you are straighter behind the stock if this could also be true when shooting from a bench.

I've been doing some prone shooting getting ready for fall hunting using my pack as a rest since I don't like toting a rifle with a bipod attached. I'll likely give it a try. I'm thinking you might need to be cautious of eye relief. I'll try it with my 722 .222 rem first.

Bruce Mc":3pctyl5b said:
I've been doing some prone shooting getting ready for fall hunting using my pack as a rest since I don't like toting a rifle with a bipod attached. I'll likely give it a try. I'm thinking you might need to be cautious of eye relief. I'll try it with my 722 .222 rem first.

Same here. Hate lugging a bipod on a rifle.

I do like shooting slung up over a pack though. It makes a difference.

Depends on the terrain and the gun. Tall grass and/ or thick brush? Don't bother.... but open ground and the potential for longer shots then I like a Harris bipod. Short ones for prone or the longer one allows you to sit or lay prone.

Interesting article. Thanks for posting. Might give this a try. Due to terrain, I use my Harris all through deer season.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

Back