Purpose built rifle to suit a Nosler bullet

Two of the three rifles are just finished.

One on the left is for Light Hunter Class 10lb limit with max 6x power scope plus a 3 cartridge functioning magazine.

The one the right is Light Benchrest 10lb-8oz limit with unlimited scope (it also has a functioning mag, so I could put the 6x scope on still make 10lb Hunter Class with this rifle)

The third rifle is not finished yet but is a copy of the rifle on the right, it will be lighter, weighing in at 9lb with a NightForce 42x44mm Competition scope.

Attachments

• IMG_2869.jpg
    IMG_2869.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 1,265
The NightForce Competition 15-55x53mm is now mounted on the Light Benchrest Rifle, comes in at 10lb-7ozs, stock is handmade Carbon.

Attachments

• IMG_2906.jpg
    IMG_2906.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 1,264
Leupold 6x power Competition scope now mounted on the Light Hunter Class rifle, weighs in at 9lb-15ozs, using a Kelbly stock.

Attachments

• IMG_2913.jpg
    IMG_2913.jpg
    391.4 KB · Views: 1,262
watrob":1teu0pcq said:
Leupold 6x power Competition scope now mounted on the Light Hunter Class rifle, weighs in at 9lb-15ozs, using a Kelbly stock.

Nice looking rifles.

Are you shooting IBS or NBRSA?

Benchrest CenterFire is shoot along the lines of the WBSF (World Benchrest Shooting Federation) with Light, Heavy & Experimental Class (or Unlimited Class) which are Rail Guns.

The other is Hunter Class CentreFire, Light Class must have a min magazine holding 2 or more rounds and a 6x Scope, Heavy Hunter CenterFire is unlimited power scope and no mag required.

The third class I will be shooting will be Sporter Class CentreFire, unlimited scope, mag not required, all up weight limit is 9lbs though.

There is another two more rifles I am currently building which should be ready in around 2 weeks.

Well, I finally got to the range and spent the day bedding in the 2 rifles, under very windy conditions I got the 3 shot group down to a consistent group.

Attachments

• Shoot 05.06.2016.jpg
    Shoot 05.06.2016.jpg
    490.8 KB · Views: 511
That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! Very gratifying when everything comes together like that.

Played with the load a little today, this group is .371 minus bullet diameter .224 equals .147 3 shoot group.

Attachments

• IMG_2927.JPG
    IMG_2927.JPG
    809.3 KB · Views: 484
During the week I had 1/2 inch taken out of the barrels and as we re-did the throat area, changed the powder type and on Saturday afternoon re-beded the barrels in at the range.

I have attached a 3 shot group at 100 yards, measures .287" minus .224 bullet diameter, equals .063" group. :roll:

Attachments

• .222 with Tuner 15-55x52mm Scope rifle.JPG
    .222 with Tuner 15-55x52mm Scope rifle.JPG
    826.5 KB · Views: 454
watrob":3q7i9vmd said:
Benchrest CenterFire is shoot along the lines of the WBSF (World Benchrest Shooting Federation) with Light, Heavy & Experimental Class (or Unlimited Class) which are Rail Guns.

The other is Hunter Class CentreFire, Light Class must have a min magazine holding 2 or more rounds and a 6x Scope, Heavy Hunter CenterFire is unlimited power scope and no mag required.

The third class I will be shooting will be Sporter Class CentreFire, unlimited scope, mag not required, all up weight limit is 9lbs though.

There is another two more rifles I am currently building which should be ready in around 2 weeks.

WBSF is a team shoot and it does have rules but doesn't hold match like IBS or NBRSA here in the US and it's once a year match and rotates between member countries.

This is result 2015 score match and what's used IBS

http://internationalbenchrest.com/resul ... ionals.php

Back