Putting Things in Perspective

RL338

Handloader
Mar 23, 2017
Recently I started loading for my 44 Mag. This morning I loaded up some more 240gr SWC and got thinking how little powder I’m using.
IMG_5111.jpeg
Hard to believe 50 rounds of 44 Mag equals 5 rounds of 416 Wby.
44 - 12grs of HS-6
416 - 120grs of RL26

One of the things I love about loading revolver ammo is how economical it is.

A few grains of powder. Can use inexpensive bullets. Cases for 38, 357, 44 and 45 seem to last about forever if pressures are kept reasonable.

Fun to shoot.

I can dump all the empties into a coffee can next to where I'm standing! :)

********************************************************************************************************************************

Then I go load 50 rounds for a magnum rifle cartridge and watch a half pound of powder disappear! EEEK! Along with bullets that may cost a buck or more apiece!

Guy

A few grains of powder. Can use inexpensive bullets. Cases for 38, 357, 44 and 45 seem to last about forever if pressures are kept reasonable.

Fun to shoot.

********************************************************************************************************************************

Then I go load 50 rounds for a magnum rifle cartridge and watch a half pound of powder disappear! EEEK! Along with bullets that may cost a buck or more apiece!

Guy
What's incredible is primers now cost more than some 9mm projectiles.

Fun to shoot.

Guy
Not only economical, but easy not to lose brass, just dump in a container, i would always lose some brass using my automatics. I just need to build a brass catcher. And pistol powder goes a long way.

Back