Question for Nosler Admin. regarding factory seconds.

jtoews80

Handloader
May 19, 2007
I live in Canada and am not legally allowed to have components shipped to me from the Shooter's Pro Shop. Would I be able to order from Canada and have the order shipped to a PO Box in the US. Just curious, I live 370 miles north of the 49th, but grew up 8km north of the line.

CC

I can have it shipped to a physical address if needed, but will I be able to order from Canada and pay with a Canadian credit card?? Or will I have to have somebody order it from the US and then carry it over?

We can ship USPS without any trouble, we put the bullets in a flat-rate box for $8.60. Shipping can get expenseive if it's a big order because you start doubling up boxes. When you place an order, just enter in the "comments" box that you would like your package shipped via USPS flat-rate. Although...I think the folks in our shipping department might figure it out if you enter a PO box.

As far as payment, we take Visa and Mastercard and I don't think location is an issue, I'll check on that one and get back to you though. Of course, your local regulations are a different situation.

Sinclair can now send bullets and/or brass up to $100.00 north of the border. Why can't the Shooters' Pro Shop?

Alan.

pacer97":1704m7yt said:
Sinclair can now send bullets and/or brass up to $100.00 north of the border. Why can't the Shooters' Pro Shop?

Alan.

Sinclair can now actually ship up to 900 pieces of brass and/or bullets - regardless of value - to Canada without a individual export permit. (I personally confirmed this with Kerry Parker who is in charge Sinclair's International Sales)

If Sinclair can do this I don't understand why Nosler could not do the same unless they have agreements in place with their Canadian distributor(s) to not sell direct to Canadians.

Copy of letter I received from Mrs. Parker:
Exportation requirements for all International Customers

The US Customs Service is requiring an export permit for all orders that include bullets, brass, scopes to certain Countries, and gun parts (rifles, actions, triggers, trigger guard assemblies, barrels, stocks, firing pins, firing pin springs, buttplates, etc.) shipping from the United States. We must apply for and receive these export permits through The US Department of State. This takes approximately 6 weeks for approval. There is an exemption allowing us to ship brass and bullets under 900 combined pieces without an Export Permit. Gun parts also under $100.00 can ship now without a permit.

Sinclair International, Inc. will submit your request for an export permit under our exporting license and forward the requested items to you by the US Postal Service, UPS and DHL no longer accept shipments with the licensed contents. We must have an original or certified copy of your import permit along with an English translation of the permit and your signed order for approval. Your order must include your name, address, shipping address (if different) along with the description and cost of the permit items. These documents are to be sent through the mail as the Department of State will not accept faxed or e-mailed documents.

Due to the paperwork and labor hours involved with applying for the export permits, a licensing fee will be applied to each order. The licensing fee will cover these costs as well as the packaging, handling and coordination of the shipment through the US Postal Service. Licensing fees for orders will be as follows:

Total value of export items under $500 incur a $75 charge

Total value of export items $500.00 - $1500.00 incur a 15% fee

Total value of export items over $1500.00 incur a 10% fee

Cariboo now we wait and see. I got the same letter just though $100.00 shouldn't be too big of an deal for Nosler to pull off. And as for the Canadian Distributors the ones in the US. seem to have no problem.

Alan

I'm still waiting for a definitive answer as well, SHOT disrupted my quest for knowledge but I have not forgotten. :)

Nosler4":2w4i6whf said:
I'm still waiting for a definitive answer as well, SHOT disrupted my quest for knowledge but I have not forgotten. :)

Thanks!

If you do find a way to ship over the border without too much hassle I would guess that you would get a flurry of Canadian orders now the two currencies are near par.

As long as the shipping address is in the US, we have no problems. But don't forget, USPS does not handle ammunition. :)

Nosler4 so the answer is no to shipping seconds to Canada from the Shooter's Pro Shop. I don't believe anyone was asking for ammunition to be sent just components. Is anyone looking into how Sinclair can ship, I just don't understand way they can and Shooter's Pro Shop can't.

Alan.

Shipping bullets international requires more paper work, hence, more time (not to mention fees!) than domestic shipping. I don't want to speak for Nosler, but I suspect its not cost effective to deal with the end user outside the U.S.. Sinclair has a hefty fee associated with international orders to cover the additional paper work and time involved. There are exemptions where an export license is not required, (i.e., orders less than $100 are license exempt), but all shipments must be filed with the US Customs and Border Protection to get them through customs.

Back