Question on Primers

The last few weeks, primers have been showing up in force. No shortage there at all. Bullets are back at normal levels. Powder is slowly coming back.... very slowly.

Everything is hard to find here in east TN. If you find it you better have deep pockets also. Thank goodness I have always been one to keep stocked up pretty good but I have not been shooting as much as I used to also.

I'm good on bullets and primers for what I want to work with. Just can't find any powder. I did find a couple of cans of IMR7827SSC about a month ago. It'll work OK for possibly two of the cartridges I want to work with. After reading Dr. Mike's adventure with the .280 Rem and the 150 gr. ABLR's, guess I'll see if I can find some of those to try. I was planning on 160 gr. Grand Slams or 150 gr. Partitions, whichever shot best. Shots tend to be a bit long where I'll be hunting.
Paul B.

SJB says Bill, I can bring some 8lb'er's of H1000 in about a month if you can wait. I have plenty of it locally.

Scotty
Let me give Brownells a couple of more weeks, if they don't get it, I will take you up on your offer. I will be home in a few days and give you a call.

Sounds good Bill. H1000 seems to be on the shelves here. It's been steadily available since this all started.

I've been lucky! The place where I get my powder and primers has it coming in on a steady basis. Pistol bullets and brass are a different story.

That would make sense if the line produces one type of primer at a time.

I was glad to finally find some Federal 215's...

I have 3 Weatherby Magnums to feed and don't feel right without them :)

HOGWILD338-378":3v04ytgs said:
Gotta buy in bulk here and I know buying local is always cheaper but not always possible?
http://www.brunoshooters.com/Merchant2/ ... ry_Code=29
Holy smokes they were spendy... w/o factoring in hazmat fees! With em, 3k CCIs 200s or 300s or 400s or 500s would run a fella over $55 per after haz/mat and $3 per order handling fee.... and from what I was able to decipher on the site, they still haven't charged to be shipped yet! So I'd be guessing $60+ per 1K. I'm glad primers are back on the shelves here. Even if they weren't, I'd much rather buy from local scalper at $60, although they're down to about $45 around here, than buy from a company that's charging $45 per 1K just to get started.

Fortunately, Cabelas and Sportsmans as well as many of the local ma & pa shops have primers starting from about $32 per K. Barring some major event that gets the politicians itchy, I think the rest of the nation will be back in stock soon enough.

I bought several boxes of small pistol primers locally abut 3 weeks ago. These dealers are staring to get primers but not powder. I have not seen any IMR powder for 6 months.

I got the hookup on RL22, 7828ssc, and H1000 but didn't have much in the way of room to carry rifles in the SUV on the way back from NM. It seems the dog trumped my rifles on this return voyage. Would you believe I'm down to only four long guns here in WA? This moving stuff is hard on a reloader alright!
Joe

EOD Diver":3drw0gqg said:
Would you believe I'm down to only four long guns here in WA? This moving stuff is hard on a reloader alright!
Joe

I always figured three moves equalled one burn out.

Back