Questions on a Ruger Target Gray

Jar Head

Beginner
May 7, 2006
Hi Guys,
Just before Christmas I ordered a Rem. VLS .22-250 but after some troubles getting one from my local gun shop I opted for a Ruger " Target Gray " in the same cal.. This seems to be a good rifle but from what I can tell it does not like boat tails. My best results have come w/ Hornady SPSX, 55gr. & 33.5 grains of Varget. The 2 stage trigger will take some getting use to. Here is my question, Does any one know how to adjust this trigger or know where I can find any info. on it?

Thanks Fellas,
Jar Head

Dunno about the trigger. I use a two-stage Medesha trigger on my match rifle and love it. Haven't ever messed around with Ruger's trigger.

Try some of the 50 and 53 grain match-grade flat-base bullets. You may well be impressed. The .22-250 often comes with a very slow twist barrel that does not handle longish bullets at all well. It's sometimes amazing what a simple switch to a slightly lighter, shorter, flat-base bullet will do in that cartridge.

Regards, Guy

Its an old mosseberg 800cm, but does it shoot. I have the best luck with the speer 52 HP. the only other bullet that shot well was 52 grn hornady match bt. Those were on par with the speer and the speer cost less. I have tried many different types and brands and didn't find any better. My gun will not shot 60 grn bullets turns into patterns verses clover leafs. I have tried everything from 50's to 60's and 52's shoot the best. I figure its the rifleing twist.

Back