Quick Load 250 Savage

kingdavid350

Beginner
Aug 11, 2026
8
4
Hello folks. Anyone have quick load data for 250 savage 100gr partitions and ttsx and 110gr AccuBond 22” barrel savage 110. 64k psi and using cfe223 rl-17 win748 or varget. Any help would be great. Thank you guys.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0885.jpeg
    IMG_0885.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Sorry, I am not sure how to copy QL tables to this site like others can...

But it looks like you could use up to the following, in your rifle and requested specs:
  • Nosler 100 gr Partitions:
    • CFE223: 40.9 gr @ 3126 fps
    • Re-17: 41.6 gr @ 3190 fps
    • Win 748: 37.4 gr @ 3098 fps
    • Varget: 37.3 gr @ 3049 fps
  • Barnes 100 gr TTSX:
    • CFE223: 39.6 gr @ 2141 fps
    • Re-17: 40.2 gr @ 3163 fps
    • Win 748: 36.2 gr @ 3077 fps
    • Varget: 36.0 gr @ 3021 fps
  • Nosler 110 gr AccuBonds:
    • CFE223: 38.7 gr @ 2977 fps
    • Re-17: 39.4 gr @ 3042 fps
    • Win 748: 35.3 gr @ 2939 fps
    • Varget: 35.3 gr @ 2901 fps
You could also look at the following:
  • Sierra 100 gr BTSP:
    • CFE223: 41.6 gr @ 3139 fps
    • Re-17: up to 42.4 gr for 3211 fps
    • Win 748: 38.0 gr @ 3108 fps
    • Varget: 38.0 gr @ 3066 fps
There's a noticeable difference by upping the pressures for this cartridge by 11,000 psi over original SAAMI specs in a modern action!
Remember these are max loads so work up slowly , checking for pressure signs.
Hope this helps!
 
Hey- Barnes Lists loads on ther eweb page I believe for the TSX. Nosler lists the Nosler Partition along with the BT for 11grnr's, I assume youve seen them. Ive tried CFE 223 but havent experimented enough yet. Accuracy wasnt there so far... 38 Gr of 4350 works for me with 100 Gr BT's. Let us know what works for you. CL
 
After running those numbers, I also had to look at them for the 115 gr BT...
Might have to try them in the wife's #1!
Would rival the AI versions expectations, with the 100 gr bullets.
But even the 115 gr @ 2973 with a max load of Re-17 is getting pretty close to the velocities you would expect from the 257 Roberts. And the 110 gr AB load @ 3042, is within 10 fps of the Bob's. Good thing I have 6 lbs if Re-17 on hand!
Now to see how it works accuracy wise, and actual chronographed velocities...
 
Thanks for the info @Blkram !
At first, I was thinking about the 100 grain TTSX for my 14.5" 250 Savage XP-100.
But after considering it more, I think the 80 grain TTSX with Varget will probably be better for me.
I won't be killing deer and antelope sized game past 400 yards.

With factory Hornady 100 grain ammo my MV is 2495 fps.
In a rifle length barrel, the box says the MV should be 2800 fps...Basically losing 300 fps.

With 80 TTSX grain reloads I should be around 2800 fps.

100 yard zero:
Factory Hornady ammo (100 grain) actually has 9.6 MOA at 400 yards with a 4 MOA wind drift with a 10 mph FV wind
Guesstimate Reload (80 gr TTSX) should have 7.4 MOA at 400 yards with a 3.7 MOA wind drift with a 10 mph FV wind. Impact MV 1921 fps

100 grain at 500 yards: 14.2 MOA for Drop and 5.2 MOA for Drift
80 TTSX at 500 yards: 11.1 MOA Drop and 4.8 MOA for Drift Impact MV 1731 fps
Like I said, I don't consider the 250 Savage XP-100 a 500 yard deer and or antelope set-up.
Most max shots would be 300 yard (2123 fps Impact Velocity) to 350 yard (2020 fps Impact Velocity) shots on game.
 
Glad to of assistance!
What retained energy will you have at 300/350 yards for the 80 grainer?
Always thought a XP-100 in 250 Savage would be cool!

(I didn't run the numbers through a ballistics calculator for the velocities for 100-115 gr bullets listed above...yet. Although I did also look at the CFE223 for my 250 AI with the 110 gr AB and 115 gr BT, as I hadn't looked at that powder before.)
 
Back
Top