Range day-Tikka 300 win mag

Lou,

Congrats on a real shooter. The 300 Win Mag will serve you well!
When you get to loading, try 75.0 grs RL22 and a 180 gr bullet.
This load has shot well under MOA in 3 different rifles.

JD338

Tikkas have always been one of my favorite. I love mine I just wish we could get that combo in the states. Hopefully in the future Berretta will import the wood stock with fluted barrel. Lee

That is some good shooting and a nice gun to boot. I fluked into some fine groups with the 180 Scirroco's when I could not find any ultra mag brass so I bought 2 boxes Remington 180 factory loaded Scirroco bullets. I pulled the bullets, sized the cases put in a 215 primer and 97 gr retumbo and seated out to mag length I think 3.653'' or so and then proceeded to shoot a couple of 3 shot groups that impressed the heck out of me.

Thanks guys, I have plenty of 180gr swift scirocco's at the moment, just gathering up some brass to load up some nosler Partition's and or accubonds :twisted:

Lou

DrMike":2u8s7y51 said:
snoodcrusher":2u8s7y51 said:
Impressive! Tikkas are quality rifles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Snoodcrusher, welcome aboard. Always good to see a new poster. Trust you enjoy the camaraderie here.

Thanks for the "welcome" Dr. Mike. There's a lot of good info on this forum and I'm enjoying every nugget of it. It's one of very few forums where folks remain civil to one another.

Good shooting rifle and welcome to the best forum on the net.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

snoodcrusher":3t7h6uh6 said:
DrMike":3t7h6uh6 said:
snoodcrusher":3t7h6uh6 said:
Impressive! Tikkas are quality rifles.

Snoodcrusher, welcome aboard. Always good to see a new poster. Trust you enjoy the camaraderie here.

Thanks for the "welcome" Dr. Mike. There's a lot of good info on this forum and I'm enjoying every nugget of it. It's one of very few forums where folks remain civil to one another.

Most of those posting work hard to keep it civil. There is too much to learn just to try to destroy someone else.

Lou,

In my experience, load development for a Tikka is pretty simple. Pick a known good powder for caliber, or the most accurate one listed by either Nosler or Sierra. Pick a Nosler or Sierra bullet. Load them up in .5 grain increments. The magazine on mine limits my OAL to SAMMI max. Go to the range and shoot.

Maybe I've been lucky, but I had less than .75" groups in one or two trips to the range with two Tikkas. A little more work, and both guns shoot at or under .5" at 100 yards. You've got plenty of time between now and fall to put something together. Good luck and enjoy.

Bret

Back