Ranking the Levers

Their all great!

I like the Marlin in 218 bee, 35 rem, & 45-70. Not sure if they made in the bee or just the 25-20. And if they would remake the steel BRL and add the 338 Federal to its chamberings.

YH,
That is the original fellow "you are named after", my dear..................... Clint Walker [alias Dr Mike]
He played Cheyenne on TV in the 1960s................... he was never a hunting guide; but I heard he never had any problems, getting the girls attention??? -------->Again like Dr Mike!
Check this out YH.............https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzTwz2BBhQY

Cheyenne, my foot! :shock: That one could have stopped in British Columbia! :mrgreen:

Oh man... Those Deluxes are just awesome rifles. Don't get no better than that coming from any factory.

DrMike":wvhqk7fq said:
Cheyenne, my foot! :shock: That one could have stopped in British Columbia! :mrgreen:

or Alaska !!!!!

Dr Mike, Scotty, Earle, and others

Cost aside for the moment. Original Winchester 71 or the new Browning reproduction ?

thank you, Brooke

Brooke, I gun a Browning cause that's what I have. I'd use either interchangeably. Get a nice example of one of them and have fun with it. Doubt you'd be disappointed in either one.

Brooke, I agree wit Scotty, I doubt you would be disappointed with either.

However, IMHO---The Browning "feels" tighter, but the originals feel "smoother" I also feel the "fit and finish" of the original is superior. I am not an engineer, but I would bet the the steel quality is better in the Browning and therefore stronger.

Earle, that would be one sweet rifle to own

Europe":1pi10ygi said:
Brooke, I agree wit Scotty, I doubt you would be disappointed with either.

However, IMHO---The Browning "feels" tighter, but the originals feel "smoother" I also feel the "fit and finish" of the original is superior. I am not an engineer, but I would bet the the steel quality is better in the Browning and therefore stronger.

Earle, that would be one sweet rifle to own

April nailed it. Not a thing wrong with the Browning; it is a fine firearm. I enjoy the older rifles simply because they feel like a part of me.

Yesterday I shot an original Winchester 92 chambered in 256 Winchester.
What a cool round. Very fun to shoot.
I also shot a Winchester 1895 in 405 Winchester. What a power house! A 300 gr bullet at 2300 fps would put the lights out on the biggest of animals.
Yeah, I do like the lever actions!

JD338

Well of course a Browning repo made in Japan is a great rifle and they work fine, they did a good job on them I believe they were are made at the Miroku factory if memory serves me right. I know we case colored some of them years ago and they came out fine, so as a working gun they are great,
However like a Parker shotgun made in Japan same exact deal, well done repo and great value for the money , cool little guns , we used to buy and sell them regularly years ago , but same story .
Neither should be confused with the real deal. A real Winchester 71 Deluxe should not be compared to a Japanese copy; from an investment consideration , ditto on the wanta be Parkers, neither will EVER fetch a fraction of the money as the real McCoy.........................
If you just want one to play with one , then buy a Jap gun, if your serious about one as investment buy a real Parker or Winchester , pretty simple formula really.

JD don't forget what Teddy Roosevelt called his .405 Win when he took it to Africa, " Big Medicine" (y)

Back