RAR barrel discoloration

zacii

Beginner
Mar 5, 2015
Does this look like copper fouling to you?

I cleaned the bore, but I couldn't remove this discoloration near the crown.

c89a3db9f0663dcee09c98feb888eed5.jpg

2e74784d8fde1e2c4b2ae3d4fea39e24.jpg

I've got some copper solvent that I may try tomorrow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

G'Day Fella's,

Zacii, yes it does look like it is Copper fouling!

You don't mention what you actually did and or used to clean this barrel.
If you let us know what you did and used, we should be able to assist you with this!

FYI, If you have already used a bore solvent, you may need to use a different bore solvent, or you may need to leave the present bore solvent in the bore/barrel for longer (like 15 minutes).

Hope that helps

Doh!
Homer

I used Gunzilla. I ran it through with a nylon brush about 5 times. Let it set for about 5-10 minutes then started pushing patches through.

I didn't get any blue on any patches. So either Gunzilla is a poor copper solvent, or I didn't let it sit long enough.

I do have some solvent specifically for copper removal. I'll have to dig it out; don't remember exactly what it is.

zacii":72gls791 said:
I used Gunzilla. I ran it through with a nylon brush about 5 times. Let it set for about 5-10 minutes then started pushing patches through.

I didn't get any blue on any patches. So either Gunzilla is a poor copper solvent, or I didn't let it sit long enough.

I do have some solvent specifically for copper removal. I'll have to dig it out; don't remember exactly what it is.

Copperzilla for copper deposits.

It's some copper for sure, sometimes that little amount won't make a hill of beans difference unless you just have to have a sparkling clean tube.

SJB358":1gakpgxb said:
It's some copper for sure, sometimes that little amount won't make a hill of beans difference unless you just have to have a sparkling clean tube.
Is that considered a little amount?

zacii":1wz82o5u said:
SJB358":1wz82o5u said:
Is that considered a little amount?

I'd say so. Unless it's affecting accuracy I don't sweat it.

Back