Ready To Go

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
We're preparing to head back to Alabama for what's become an annual tradition, a hog hunt. Haley wanted to put a few 140 partitions through her Winchester 7-08 to check zero (1.5" high @ 100) before we go. I think she shot 6 times.
The "kid" never ceases to impress me. The load is 46.8 Reloder 17. just a tad over 2800. She has the ability to quiet the naysayers when they make fun of her "barbie rifle" It's a boyd's laminate on a win xpr. It's proven itself a real hog, deer and black bear stopper. It's also the best I've ever gotten a Partition to shoot.

IMG_2238.jpgIMG_1859 (1).jpg

Last edited:
Barbie rifle or not, that girl can win a match with that rifle & load. Looking forward to seeing the hogs she downs.
I was blown away with how well that cheap little XPR shoots..The youth/compact XPR was too short, but the full size was too long, so we got the full size and had a boyds with a custom LOP built and the rest is history. She's 23 and been shooting since she was 7.

My niece recently won a XPR at a raffle in 6.5 Creed. , looks like she’ll have something to work with.
we have 2 of them, her's and a 308 we use for a camp rifle, both are MOA capable, but hers does a little better.

Back