Rebore from 243 Win to 260 Rem.

wvbuckbuster

Handloader
Nov 5, 2015
Friend of mine has a Browning Micro Abolt 243 Win that he's thinking of getting it rebored to a 260 Rem if possible. Does anybody know of someone who can do this? JES is 33 cal and above and the ones I saw listed in Rifle magazine haven't responded to his calls or emails.

Dan Pedersen and Oregon Gunsmithing might do them Dan.
A long time back when it was easier to get stuff across the border Dan Pedersen did exactly that for me with a Browning BLR in 243. Had a gunsmith here in BC take off the barrel and send it south. It shot pretty good as a 260 Rem.

Asking this because I dont know..... (Yes- somthing else). Wouldnt it be about as cost effective to screw a new barrel in .260 on that action? Just asking why you decided to rebore. .260 barrels cant be that rare anymore, can they? CL

Asking this because I dont know..... (Yes- somthing else). Wouldnt it be about as cost effective to screw a new barrel in .260 on that action? Just asking why you decided to rebore. .260 barrels cant be that rare anymore, can they? CL
If you can get a factory take off then I would think it would be a bit cheaper. Tikka and Remington are the most likely ones to find.

Reboring may be a possibility or finding a take off Browning Micro 6.5 Creedmoor barrel and rechambering.
Tough getting a 260 out of a 6.5 if i remember correctly, from when i was researching that, but you can get a 6.5-284

It’s about 300 bucks for a rebore. A new barrel will cost 300’ish and 300-600‘ish to get screwed onto your receiver.

I passed the info to him. The jury is still out as to what he will do. Appreciate all the advice. Dan.

Back