Redding T-7 Feedback

joelkdouglas

Handloader
Jun 5, 2011
For those of you with a T-7, but who load for more than one rifle, how do you use the turret positions?

How is the press for “tough” shaping operations? Good to great mechanical advantage?

Do you have the extra die plates or do you use one of the positions essentially as a single?

Scenario. I have a couple 7 Mashburns. I shoot both pretty often. But I also have a 6 BR, 25-06, 30-06.

The 7 Mashburns need 3 positions, 2 sizers and a seater. I have Form and Trim dies for shaping the brass but those only get used once. By neck turning I could get down to 2 positions as then I could only use 1 sizer and 1 seater.

30-06 needs 2, sizer and seater.

25-06 needs 2.

6 BR needs only 1 because the seater is a Wilson.

I would want one of the positions to be a Lee decapper. And then I use an expanded die. Maybe 1 position could be decapper/expander/form/trim and I use that position as a single stage.

Thoughts on the Redding T-7?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joel, the T7 is a BEAST. I use mine for a bunch of different stuff, and it is as accurate as what folks told me it was and just as strong as any other O type press.

I use my Forster alot for my low volume stuff, but the Redding (or Lyman 8 holer) could easily replace that and they are quick!

Scotty is bang on. I have both the Redding T-7 and the Forster. I use the Forster Co-Ax for precision work whenever possible, especially for my target loads. The T-7 is heavy duty and capable of producing some great loads when I'm working with larger volumes and/or test loads.

Thanks gents!

I had a change yesterday looking for one in stock. Nothing! And NY is shut down I think, it might be quite a while before Redding is filling all their orders again.

Brownells had a Redding Ultramag in stock and I read about it a bit. Still a single stage but a beast and evidently makes very straight ammo. So there’s one on the way, maybe next week.

I’ve been using my Lee Classic Cast for about 10 years and it’s serviceable, but it takes a lot of effort to size cases. I was thinking the T-7 for the sizing.

I also use a 21st Century Arbor Press for quite a bit of seating with Wilson dies, and I use a Sinclair hand primer for priming.

I may still back order a T-7. It would be sweet to have all the Mashburn dies set up all the time!

joelkdouglas":116nis88 said:
I may still back order a T-7. It would be sweet to have all the Mashburn dies set up all the time!

I like my T7 Joel. No shade on the Lyman 8 holer either..

Back