Reloading Components Availability updates

Went to a sporting goods about 50 mins from the house today and they had Win Staball 6.5 and IMR4895 on the shelf. Hadn't seen those in awhile. Primers are few and far between around here and when some shows they sell you 100 at twice the price. Dan.

SJB358":229dpcut said:
desertcj":229dpcut said:
I can't believe that I'm still waiting to find small rifle primers....2 years later :roll: I've heard that ammo manufacturers are using them for their own ammo instead of selling them as components. I just find it hard to believe that they are selling THAT much ammo at inflated prices that they have no appreciable quantity of components to sell? Aside from some shotgun shells, I don't know anyone that's bought ammo in the last couple years!

Which primers are you looking for?

CCI 450 or Rem 7 1/2 but at this point, basically any small rifle primers I can find. I've even considered pulling bullets and dumping powder on several boxes of Prvi .223 just to get some primed brass!

Pains me to say so, but it's not looking very good for the near future. Maybe I'm wrong. Hope I am.

In this area powder and bullets are reasonably accessible. Primers? They are like they fell off the earth as far as any new orders coming in anywhere. I suspect it's that way pretty much everywhere based on GB prices and every big online store showing sold out.

I know Nosler is working 24/7 and shipping just as fast but I buy Nosler bullets from multiple distributors and none of them have received any bullets in the last year. My question is where are they shipping them?
I have some scopes that I was having custom turrets made for but I can't risk spending the money to calibrate for bullets I can't get. I won't even have one done without at least 1000 bullets for the calibration. Frustrating to say the least.

Back