Reloading Data for the Accubond 160 gr in 7mm Remington Mag

SUSQUASH

Beginner
Feb 22, 2005
I am planning a fall hunt in Alaska for Moose, Caribou and Black Bear. It was suggested I develop a load with the AccuBond 160 gr for my Century Arms Enfield 7 MM Remington Mag. I will start with 54 gr of H4831SC powder using Winchester cases and Winchester Large Rifle primers. I'd appreciate any information on this or similiar loads.

If you can wait til tonight til I get home, I can get you some good data...for now my loads aren't that fast, but are superbly accurate in my rifle.

Also, just so ya know...that would do fine for the game your after up here. Moose are tough, but no tank, black bear are rugged, but an AB will do them in fine. Caribou can about be killed with a sling shot.
Go with magnum primers for the belted rounds though..better ignition for the colder climates.

Whelenator, Thanks for any info you can pass on. No rush as I'm not leaving until end of August so I'll have plenty of time to load them up and try them out in the old Enfield.

54.0 grs. H4831 is a very mild load, I'd start at a charge of more like 60 grains and work up. 65-66 grs. H4831 should be about your max load... :idea: be careful

H4831sc is a good accurate powder in the 7mag. I prefer RL22 or IMR7828 in mine, same accuracy w/ upto 100fps more vel.

I'm with Fred on this Rl 22 or IMR 7828. I also like H1000 all with a Mag Primer. I get very accurate loads w/CCI250. let me know your results as I'm just starting to develop loads for that bullet.

If so, where did you start out, What kind of seating depths and how hot are you loading for a all around Hunting load?

I don't see H4831sc in our Loading Manual for the 7MM Remington Magnum but the guys at customer service might have some. 1(800) 285-3701. BTW our most accurate powder tested in our barrel was Viht N165 for the 160gr. bullets. Starting load 57.0gr with max load 61.0gr for the 160gr AccuBond in the 7MM Remington Mag. Federal 215 primers and Winchester brass. As always start low and work your way up carefully.

Wouldn't H4831sc be the same as H4831? I've always thought they were cut shorter for metering, yet the loads didn't change? I don't use SC, so I'm not familiar with it, etc.

HuntElk4Fun":33t78kcy said:
Wouldn't H4831sc be the same as H4831? I've always thought they were cut shorter for metering, yet the loads didn't change? I don't use SC, so I'm not familiar with it, etc.
Yes it is identical except for length.

Back