Reloading , How Long?

6ppcar

Handloader
Nov 8, 2007
I was just wondering how long most of you good people have been reloading ammo? Looking back it was 1969 that i loaded my first rifle shell, 243 win with a Lee Loader. That was a long time ago but, seems like it was yesterday. It has been and still is a very enjoyable hobby.

I started loading at age 15 for my 30-06. That was 33 yrs ago.

JD338

My Dad started to let me help by seating the bullet when I was about 8 or 9 and then I got to do a little more when I got my 7mm when I was 14 that was 19 years ago.

I really can't remember my "first" one. My Dad used to let me sit on his lap as he loaded. Then it turned into an assembly line....he'd re-size, then hand in to me to clean the primer pocket and measure......now I realize he always gave the the not so fun part to do....I'm 36 now

About 45 years - but that's a bit of a guesstimate since I don't remember exactly how old I was when I started helping Dad and Grandpa handload. Young though...

Ya know - I can still make mistakes! :oops:

I too started with a Lee loader and I think it was about 1971 or there abouts. Still do it but not as much as back in the old days :roll:

Started approximately 1962. Also with the old Lee loader, still have the set but they are retired.Rick.

I started handloading in 1994, I think. Might have been 1993. So I guess that makes it about 13-14yrs. Seems like a lifetime - I can't imagine having a gun and not working up a good load for it.

Loaded that very first shell in 1952. It was a .38 spl. wadcutter round.

How time flies when you're havin' fun.

Kodiak

1993 on hand experience.

theoritical experience--1980

I learned the basics from my dad when I was 17. We loaded 165 ballistic tips and partitions for both of our 03 sporterized springfields. I joined the military two years later and after being assigned to the great state of Colorado, began reloading on my own two years ago. I now work up loads for a half dozen guns including my dad's 7mm08 and 30-06. Just sent a batch of 7mm08 w 140 accubonds to him through UPS last week. He will be using them on Thursday, Michigan's opening day rifle deer season. Glad my dad got me started and now I guess you could say I'm definitely addicted and shooting a lot more!

Back