Reloading slowing down

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
Before I retired I spent a lot of time reloading and shooting. Goal was to develop a decent hunting load for most of my guns and reloading/shootingwas something that could be timed easily between my work shifts.
I actually did a lot of brass prep on the job during night shifts.
At this point I am good to go on all of my guns.
The recent supply shortages and price increases have likely caused issues for some folks who enjoy this hobby.
Other than maybe the occasional can of powder I think I am well set for many years.

The one area that may require more purchased is supplied for the 9mms as they do eat up the ammo.

Only thing I've slowed way down on is buying. Took some yrs to get stocked up to where I didn't have to worry about buying, so why buy now when most things are higher? If I see something I can use priced at or cheaper than pre-covid & biden madness, I'm likely a buyer. Otherwise I can wait a long time. I have no plans to severely curtail shooting.

My shooting has really slowed down in the last month due to hot humid weather, but soon as it cools decent I'll be right back at it. I'm hoping next week!

Tempeatures in the 100 degree range for the last few weeks and for the near future, I am not venturing out to shoot, not in a hurry to develope anything, I do want to try the two rifles I bedded, but I will wait till it cools down. Who knows, maybe consumables will come down by then as well.

Before I retired I spent a lot of time reloading and shooting. Goal was to develop a decent hunting load for most of my guns and reloading/shootingwas something that could be timed easily between my work shifts.
I actually did a lot of brass prep on the job during night shifts.
At this point I am good to go on all of my guns.
The recent supply shortages and price increases have likely caused issues for some folks who enjoy this hobby.
Other than maybe the occasional can of powder I think I am well set for many years.

The one area that may require more purchased is supplied for the 9mms as they do eat up the ammo.
Can I have your primers? 😉

I do all my reloading out in a shed. Not much fun when it's over 100* anymore and can't use the fan or A/C because it interferes with the scale. Add some serious health problems and for me reloading has almost become a historical fact. If I can find a hunt catering to the handicapped, I might work up a load for that hunt, otherwise probably not much anymore.
Paul B.

Alderman, those 9 s can eat a lot of ammo if you shoot frequently.

During either the Clinton primer fiasco or something similar a long time back I bought a heavy 22 full size rifle (Ruger Varmit/synthetic stock) just for the purpose of trigger time. I also have substituted 22 pistol for same purpose when loading components get crazy. Sure I d rather shoot CF most times BUT I d rather shoot than not thus 22 substitution is a good plan IMO when things out of balance.

BTW, 22 ammo is everywhere I look and at reasonable prices! Buy a bunch before Dcalpers wise up to that in case others start doing substitution too 👍

Back