Reloading used to be cheaper

Everything used to be "cheaper". $35 was probably a pretty decent sum when you're making $10/hr. Inflation is a constant push and pull between wages and cost of goods...

Everything used to be "cheaper". $35 was probably a pretty decent sum when you're making $10/hr. Inflation is a constant push and pull between wages and cost of goods...
Terribly lopsided...there is no push and pull because it's actually a push with a d10 bulldozer that no wage can pull.

We could chat about this for hours but funny how so many people...Americans...
think everything is just sunshine and rainbows because that pay stub is numerically higher.
Funny though( not funny and actually sad) how they fail to see that even with a higher number on the pay stub they're lliving worse. Far worse.

If you told all Americans they would take a pay cut and only bring home $50 per week but they would live better sadly most would oppose such a thing. I'm keeping my $1200 per week wage even if it means both husband and wife have to work and live far worse.
So many just don't understand.

Nice find...

That said it's still significantly less expensive than buying factory.

Might not call it cheap but it's definitely less expensive and the more premium the bullet the more savings realized

This was like 2003, not 1980 something

I can't imagine being twenty something right now, what with inflation and interest rates and the cost of government ever more in our lives. Paid north of 11.5% on a home loan in the early 80s, with a great credit rating, hate to tell you but things can get worse than this. Back then wages were suppressed because nobody was hiring.
Now people don't want to work, glad I'm getting old and don't owe anyone a dime.

I can't imagine being twenty something right now, what with inflation and interest rates and the cost of government ever more in our lives. Paid north of 11.5% on a home loan in the early 80s, with a great credit rating, hate to tell you but things can get worse than this. Back then wages were suppressed because nobody was hiring.
Now people don't want to work, glad I'm getting old and don't owe anyone a dime.
Where's the pride? All these business's offering a sign on bonus to get people to work. Sure as hell glad i'm not in my twenties.

YGL9YzL.jpg

*WARNING! Thread Hijacking in Progress... Sorry, but I really feel like I need to address this.*

It's certainly been a while since I was 20, but I do happen to know quite a few of them. I am happy to report that, in truth, things are much the same as when they were when I was that age. There are some who are truly shiftless - and, yes, sadly that number I think has increased. There are some who are vibrant, aggressive, hard workers. Then there are the vast majority or are simply milling about.

What I have found also to be true, is that many of them were never given the education or challenges I had as a youth or teen. And I don't mean going to a school, I mean education. I have met several who were never taught the basics of comparison shopping, for example. I haven't met but perhaps one or two in last several years who knew the first thing about sewing. And, now that I write that, please permit me to correct - I met only one or two who expressed an interest in learning, they still knew nothing about it. I have even met some of tremendous potential who never met anyone who encouraged them to pursue their gifts. Are they really to blame for that?

I think from what I have seen, is that this lack of ambition is born from a permission-required environment. Children are taught at a very young age that they have to ask permission of someone else to do essentially anything. That makes it very difficult to build the skill of decision making. So, as a result, they don't develop the ability to take responsibility for themselves or their own lives. Because no one told them they could.

So, as I do not like to point out problems without presenting a solution, I suggest each of us look for opportunities to mentor someone younger. They will never grow to the fullness of what they can be, if no one shows them the way.

*Okay, sorry, hijacking over*

To the original post. Yes, it is getting more expensive way too fast. I try to compare it to the cost of buying factory ammo, but that really doesn't capture all of it, because we don't all reload for the savings, and of those that do, we don't reload JUST for the savings.

6 months ago bought an 8lber of H4350 for 297.00, checked another place a month ago 450.00 bucks, think theys is gouging us a bit!
Go to Hodgdon’s website and look at their prices. There are powders produced it this country and the prices are the same as imported powders , whats that telling you.

Reloading used to be cheaper and income used to be less. To be certain, the current administration has ensured inflation will rage. We in Canada have a Prime Minister who is doing much the same, only not creating quite as intense an inflation as is raging in the USA. Inflation, combined with a dependence on China for almost every item you need, at least at some point in the manufacturing process, ensures that things will be painful. In fact, this pressure may be the start of a global war in which we are too obtuse to even recognise. Things are intense, and I suspect that the pressure will only increase for the foreseeable future.

To the original post. Yes, it is getting more expensive way too fast. I try to compare it to the cost of buying factory ammo, but that really doesn't capture all of it, because we don't all reload for the savings, and of those that do, we don't reload JUST for the savings.
never could figure out where the savings went, was shooting 20 rounds a week, started reloading, shot 200 rounds a week, never saved a dime, but got a bit better at placing the bullet on target. Then got anal with accuracy, it all went downhill from there, but its been a fun ride!

never could figure out where the savings went, was shooting 20 rounds a week, started reloading, shot 200 rounds a week, never saved a dime, but got a bit better at placing the bullet on target. Then got anal with accuracy, it all went downhill from there, but its been a fun ride!
How very true!

Back in the fall of 2017 as soon as I purchased my 460 Wby I went on SPS looking for bullets. They had boxes factory overruns of 500gr Partition for $20. Factory bags of 2nds in 300gr RN Ballistic Sivertips for $11 (should have really stocked up on those). Looking at Partition prices today I miss the old days of 2017😁

Back