Reloder 17 !!!!!!!

Smokeless Short Magnum Rifle
With Reloder 17 reloaders have a powder that meters easy and consistently while providing maximum velocity even in extreme weather. This consistent performance is what reloaders have come to expect from Alliant Powder - and Reloder 17 doesn't disappoint. Proudly manufactured in the U.S.A.

Designed for short magnum case capacity
Similar burn speed to IMR 4350
Meters easily and consistently
Consistent maximum velocity in extreme weather conditions
Made in the U.S.A.

Principal Purpose Short Magnum Loads

Secondary Uses Medium Rifle Loads

Remarks Similar burn speed to IMR 4350 with added velocity.

It might do the WSM users some good.....

I'm sure it will be a good powder based on my experience with the other Alliant powders I have used. Its to the point that every caliber I load with Alliant shoots very well for me.

JD338

POP":23tegefa said:
http://www.alliantpowder.com/products/reloder_17.htm
..........................Hey there POP!!!................Looks like I`ll have another powder to try in my 300 WSM!........Any 300 WSM data yet for Rel #17?? Probably still too early!...........Just loaded up a batch of 40 rounds, 150 gr. & 180 gr. SST`s, with varying charges to test using IMR 4007 SSC. It`s burn rate falls in between IMR 4064 and 4350 and uses less powder by 10 grains or so, to get the same velocity results as the slower burners without any compressed loads...........According to the tech at IMR that I talked with and based on their tests so far, the 4007 seems to be the most accurate for the 300 WSM, while giving great velocities and using less powder in the process. That was 4007`s design purpose according to IMR..................I wonder if Rel 17 will do the same thing!!

Start with 4350 charges (MINIMUM charges) and work up. This is my best guess.........

Having worked up alot of loads with surplus powder and no loading data, I would also suggest starting with light bullets, and working up in bullet weight. It's just one more way to add in an additional margin of saftey when using an unknown component.

Only a matter of time I am sure. Keep an eye on the Hodgdon's site.

Hopefully Hodgdon doesn't have data for Reloder 17 powder!

I like Reloder 19 and 22 in my 280 and .25/06 respectively. They both offer top velocity and accuracy is superb! Reloder 15 is great in my .350 Rem Mag and Reloder 10x is good in my .204 Ruger.

My bad!!!!

Alliant........ sorry :shock:

Back