A couple of 17's and a 20

xphunter

Handloader
Sep 15, 2005
I thought I was going to sell both of these center-grip XP's, but the interest in 17's is not high, so I am in the midst of prepping (cleaning, annealing and sizing down) some once fired Remington 221 Fireball brass, for the 17 Mach IV.
I cheated on the 17 Remington XP, and ordered some: Nosler 17 Remington 20 Grain Flat Base Hollow Point Varmageddon, to get me started and give me some 17 Remington Brass.
These both were custom XP's. I picked one up off Gunbroker and the other one from a friend in Nebraska.
Now, they both have laminated center-grip stocks, and the 17 Remington has a muzzle brake.
Between these two, and my 20 Tactical Rear-Grip Christensen Arms specialty pistol, I plan to do some short range pd shooting this spring.
Just got the brass done on the 20 Tactical, and load development is about to take place.
Little Calibers Matter 😇

17 Remington
IMG_4040.jpeg

CA 20 Tactical
IMG_4037.jpeg

17 Mach IV
IMG_6059.jpeg

What's the chassis for the CA 20 tactical? Those are all really pretty.
I do not know who OEM'ed for CA or of CA did it themselves.
It is how the pistol came.
I have put a different grip and trigger on it, and had it rebarreled to 20 Tactical.
I just realized, as I was responding to you, that I grabbed the 6mm GT CA pistol by accident.:giggle:
the 20 Tactical has a Sightron scope on it .

The 221 Fireball has always intrigued me.
I did have a Remington Classic for a short while, but sold it for another left handed project.
Would love to find a Sako 85 XS action to have a LH 221 FB in. (The pistols not being an option for us to hunt with in Canada)

I do not know who OEM'ed for CA or of CA did it themselves.
It is how the pistol came.
I have put a different grip and trigger on it, and had it rebarreled to 20 Tactical.
I just realized, as I was responding to you, that I grabbed the 6mm GT CA pistol by accident.:giggle:
the 20 Tactical has a Sightron scope on it .
Thank you. And I wouldn't have known the difference if you hadn't told me. So, no worries. ;)

Back