Reluctant to purchase "seconds"

POP":2ifopz2w said:
Ahhhh.... stop worrying

live and save a little will yah? :lol:

Look at it this way Pop, if we buy the best that Nosler has to offer it will mean more profit for them.
The more profit they make the more they can put into the bullets that we really need.
Does a 416 AB ring a bell. :lol: :lol: :lol:

6ppcar":2g9sp05f said:
POP":2g9sp05f said:
Ahhhh.... stop worrying

live and save a little will yah? :lol:

Look at it this way Pop, if we buy the best that Nosler has to offer it will mean more profit for them.
The more profit they make the more they can put into the bullets that we really need.
Does a 416 AB ring a bell. :lol: :lol: :lol:

touché :lol: :lol: :lol:

JD338

I'm just busy helping Nosler to reclaim a little bit of lost revenue they wouldn't normally get when they would have to throw away a run of bullets because of cosmetic issues. The way I see it, I'm 'taking out the trash' and it keeps them even more profitable because I also load firsts when I cannot get seconds. The best of all possible worlds. It's like trickle down economics for handloaders!

I don't do seconds, sometimes they shoot great and other times they don't, like I said I do not shoot seconds anymore and I am totally happy with that decision as some are with the decision to use seconds. :grin:

bullet":1xhjvahh said:
I don't do seconds, sometimes they shoot great and other times they don't, like I said I do not shoot seconds anymore and I am totally happy with that decision as some are with the decision to use seconds. :grin:

I agree - I am always working up loads for one rifle or another. If I couldn't get a (second) bullet to group well I would always be wondering if it was the load or was the bullet just not right. I can't be bothered with an additional variable.

For just plain old shooting/plinking the BT seconds would be great. However, when it comes to hunting I wouldn't try to save a buck on the cheapest part of the hunt.

Just my 2 cents - besides someone needs to keep Nosler in business by buying up all of their premium bullets. :grin:

Back