Rem 350 Mag

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Got this one earlier this week. Has less than a box through her. Accurized and customized through Hill Country rifles, ceracoated, custom bottom metal etc etc.. Anyway I could not pass it up.

NMil4KC.png

H4Lhcvw.png

This is the best load I had today. Theoretically this is one grain under max ..... max being 64 grains of tac. Velocity is way up there and I can tell you it is absolutely maximum load. It did show some slight ejector mark but she scooting.

CcxwYW3.jpg

All else being equal I wish you was a hundred feet per second less with the same accuracy I just don't like being close to Max

Last edited:
What a great rifle & load!

Fotis - a fellow I hunt with time to time here in Washington uses one that an uncle of his bought new along with a case of ammo. He only hunts mule deer and pops an occasional coyote with it. I think he's still working on that case of ammo that his uncle bought along with the rifle way back when. :)

Guy

Thank you fellas 1 grain less dropped 30 fps or so but group opened up to 1.2"
Those ejector marks....not sure I can live with that. Have to try new loads this coming weekend.

Those ejector marks....not sure I can live with that. Have to try new loads this coming weekend.
It's pretty doggone warm here in Washington. Reaching 100+ today and the next few days. Could heat be making that happen? If so - would it be enough cooler during hunting season to cure that problem?

I'm just really impressed with the accuracy & velocity you're getting! :)

Guy

Me too Guy. It was about 70* yesterday.. definitely colder during elk season.

That's moving right along. About 600fps faster than the 250gr Speer RN load I shoot through mine. It'll be a thumper for sure should you choose to roll with it. Interested to see what else you may come up with though. I've got brass prepped to work a mild load with 180gr Speers for plinking and whitetails for mine when I find the time. Most likely not till winter. I'm saving the 250's for moose and bear. 20230430_122617.jpg

I don't think I can roll with that load. I am way too anal. I can not live with the ejector marks. That is telling me danger zone. Not good for the rifle, brass or me. Hopefully I can hit another node in the 59.5 to 61.5 of TAC. If not Win 748 and H4895 are next.

I’m betting that you could play with the seating depth and get some if not all of that accuracy back.

I’m betting that you could play with the seating depth and get some if not all of that accuracy back.
Nope you can not. The plague of the 350 rem mag. Longish 358 cal bullets and a very limiting 2.8" to maybe 2.81" COAL. You seat it there like it or not and it is what it is. Now if it were my whelan............

Nope you can not. The plague of the 350 rem mag. Longish 358 cal bullets and a very limiting 2.8" to maybe 2.81" COAL. You seat it there like it or not and it is what it is. Now if it were my whelan............
I understand not being able to seat it out further but can you not seat it shorter, or is the ogive the problem there.

Back