Remington 673 Guide 6.5 mm Rem Mag

Bill,

You are right, a 130 gr AB at 3000 fps should do the job on deer.
Should have a field report tomorrow. :wink:

JD338

JD338":2znybagb said:
Bill,

JD338

Can't wait to hear or see it.

Bill

JD338":1spn3lf7 said:
Bill,

JD338

Looking forward to hearing about the smack the 264RM puts down Jim! I can't imagine you would think it's lacking after some good post field tests. Doubt you'll recover any bullets though. Scotty

JD338":24y1tdhe said:
Bill,

JD338

I'm turning green here; I can't wait to hear about how she performs on those does!

Glad to hear the bedding job is working out nicely for you. That rifle is a looker...

efw":nd47lx4m said:
JD338":nd47lx4m said:
Bill,

JD338

I'm turning green here; I can't wait to hear about how she performs on those does!

Glad to hear the bedding job is working out nicely for you. That rifle is a looker...

Can't wait to see what it does. I imagine it should be sweet though. Scotty

I am ready, just waiting on the call....

JD338

Nice Jim!
I always wanted a set of them, the 6.5 and .350.
Both rounds, ahead of their time in my opinion.

Really nice rifle and great caliber, Jim, that rifle and scope combo should make a great hunting rig.

I tried IMR 4831 once again with the 130 gr AB after the bedding job and shot this group at 100 yds.
JDPictures062.jpg

MV 3047 fps, ES 11, SD 5. Group went .286" c/c.
This is my hunting load.

JD338

Jim, you've got that rifle shooting far better than it has a right to. Fantastic job of working up the perfect load. :grin:
Greg

Great shooting Jim. I hope you get the chance to try RL17. I am kinda thinking it might add a little speed, not that you need it at all, but heck free speed is a nice thing once in awhile. Scotty

Looks like you are more than ready to do some smack-down Jim! Looking forward to seeing a picture of the deer with the rifle. Try and go stem-to-stern with the shot so we can see a recovered bullet :p

JD338":2nnou1rj said:
I tried IMR 4831 once again with the 130 gr AB after the bedding job and shot this group at 100 yds.
JDPictures062.jpg

MV 3047 fps, ES 11, SD 5. Group went .286" c/c.
This is my hunting load.

JD338

Jimmy D that is one fine group and a hell of a hunting load.

Bill

Been out of the country. Finally made it to the range with my 673 after over a year. Tried a new load, no good. Also shot up the last 4 leftover deer loads to a typical .8" 3-shot group, including the first one out of a cold clean barrel. The fourth one went off a bit. I scratched my head to figure out why they were 3" low where they shoulda been 1.8" high. Finally remembered that I had the gun apart after last hunting season to grind and sand the stock to float the barrel, and added the bipod.

Came here to brag and saw the .286 group above. Very impressive, JD. Remington had no idea that these guns could shoot that good!

Attachments

• DSCF3248.JPG
    110 KB · Views: 1,746
Back