Remington 7600 280 Remington 145 LRX H4831SC

ShadeTree":3llgz0jx said:
If you watch and wait you can still pick up a nice condition 760 in 30-06 or 270 for right at $400 maybe a little under, but in general they've gone up, especially the other calibers.

Couple of yrs ago there was a local older gent that had a stash of 760's and he was selling guns. Flat price of $350 no matter what they were. Some scoped, some not. 5 diamonds, you name it. No 222's, or 223's at that price, but pretty much everything else. I like a bone head was off chasing other rifles at the time and did not capitalize.

Totally agree, I stole a M760 270 Winchester for 300 bucks. Basket weave checkering and super clean metal. I am pretty sure that is going to land out at JES's for a rebore.

Coop, I agree, I have shot a few of them now and man, they do shoot really well. My 7600 Whelen is a blaster. I may just make it a 7600 fall up north this year. They are slick in the woods, carry easy and with a bit of trigger work aren't too bad at all.

SJB358":3s189axq said:
ShadeTree":3s189axq said:
If you watch and wait you can still pick up a nice condition 760 in 30-06 or 270 for right at $400 maybe a little under, but in general they've gone up, especially the other calibers.

Couple of yrs ago there was a local older gent that had a stash of 760's and he was selling guns. Flat price of $350 no matter what they were. Some scoped, some not. 5 diamonds, you name it. No 222's, or 223's at that price, but pretty much everything else. I like a bone head was off chasing other rifles at the time and did not capitalize.

Totally agree, I stole a M760 270 Winchester for 300 bucks. Basket weave checkering and super clean metal. I am pretty sure that is going to land out at JES's for a rebore.

Coop, I agree, I have shot a few of them now and man, they do shoot really well. My 7600 Whelen is a blaster. I may just make it a 7600 fall up north this year. They are slick in the woods, carry easy and with a bit of trigger work aren't too bad at all.

That was a darn good price. My opinion, but even if prices were such that $300 was normal current pricing, that's money VERY well spent for that rifle. You got a lot of bang for your buck.

Polished bluing instead of the matte finish that comes on a lot of rifles today. All steel magazine, not plastic. Steel magazine release, not plastic,.......you get the idea. A different time when accepted standards were higher in my opinion. Even that 788 I just got......Remington's EL Cheapo rifle of the day is polished bluing and steel parts including the magazine. Something to be said for that.

ShadeTree":3m8a7sl0 said:
SJB358":3m8a7sl0 said:
ShadeTree":3m8a7sl0 said:

That was a darn good price. My opinion, but even if prices were such that $300 was normal current pricing, that's money VERY well spent for that rifle. You got a lot of bang for your buck.

Polished bluing instead of the matte finish that comes on a lot of rifles today. All steel magazine, not plastic. Steel magazine release, not plastic,.......you get the idea. A different time when accepted standards were higher in my opinion. Even that 788 I just got......Remington's EL Cheapo rifle of the day is polished bluing and steel parts including the magazine. Something to be said for that.

Yes sir, I am a sucker for the older rifles. Hence my infatuation with P64's and the Classics. Those old Remington's are pretty high on my list as well.

ShadeTree":3rn64bfj said:
Coop, my 1 brother has a 760 in a 308 carbine. Nice rifle. Basket weave stock and forearm. I haven't convinced him yet that it would do better stored in my gun cabinet, but he ponders it now and then when I bring it up. :lol:
Oh man, that CDL basket weave is a great one. My uncle has bought every basket weave he’s ever seen for sale. 308 I would probably fumble getting my wallet out so fast!

coop22250":2h1gs67m said:
ShadeTree":2h1gs67m said:
Coop, my 1 brother has a 760 in a 308 carbine. Nice rifle. Basket weave stock and forearm. I haven't convinced him yet that it would do better stored in my gun cabinet, but he ponders it now and then when I bring it up. :lol:
Oh man, that CDL basket weave is a great one. My uncle has bought every basket weave he’s ever seen for sale. 308 I would probably fumble getting my wallet out so fast!

Yeah they're pretty nice. 5 diamonds are nice also.......heck I like them all. :grin: If I ever get that 308 off my brother, I'll put it up. Kind of a rare one in carbine I think.

cloverleaf":txnf6bbr said:
Scotty- Random aside, how do you like your "bag jack"? Cool rifle BTW. CL

I like it a lot. It solved a bunch of problems for me since most bags weren’t high enough when I am shooting prone. Same deal off a bench. I’d buy another in a heartbeat.

Back