Remington M700 BDL .30-06

I don't think you have anything to worry about, I'm sure with a good reload it will shoot Great. I would be greatly surprised if it does not. Nice looking Rifle.
If it was mine I would load up some Nosler 165gr BT

Nice looking. I have a 700 BDL 30-06 that I bought used in 1986. Shot fair. I glassed the action, floated the barrel and adjusted the trigger. Steel wooled the finish to make it look more of a satin finish. Had the plastic fore end tip and grip cap replaced with figured walnut plus a thin rubber butt pad put on. IMR or H4350, Win760, RL19 along with Hornady 150,165, Nosler 165BT or Pt, Sierra 150,165,180 all group under and inch. You'll like it and hope it does well for you. Looking forward to hearing the range results. Dan.

1100 Remington Man":2kzyp6xs said:
I don't think you have anything to worry about, I'm sure with a good reload it will shoot Great. I would be greatly surprised if it does not. Nice looking Rifle.
If it was mine I would load up some Nosler 165gr BT
Thank you!
Yes, the 165 gr BT would be my second choice.
Thank you for the load info!

Hawk

Sent from my REVVLRY+ using Tapatalk

wvbuckbuster":1uoh36ip said:
Nice looking. I have a 700 BDL 30-06 that I bought used in 1986. Shot fair. I glassed the action, floated the barrel and adjusted the trigger. Steel wooled the finish to make it look more of a satin finish. Had the plastic fore end tip and grip cap replaced with figured walnut plus a thin rubber butt pad put on. IMR or H4350, Win760, RL19 along with Hornady 150,165, Nosler 165BT or Pt, Sierra 150,165,180 all group under and inch. You'll like it and hope it does well for you. Looking forward to hearing the range results. Dan.
Thank you.
For some crazy reason, I like the finish the way it is.
I will gladly do what you are suggesting if it doesn't shoot the way I expect.
In the past, I've had good luck with Sierra bullets, and may use the 180 gr GK, or SPBT.

Hawk

Good luck with the gun, i really like the 700 BDL, have owned 7 of them and as mentioned like the older ones. first one was a 30-06 i think in late 70s maybe early 80s have since sold the 3 magnums and one of the 280s and had the 22-250 rebarreled into a 7mm-08.
In the 30-06 best i have found in the 2 i load for has been the speer 180 BTSP with
IMR 4831 powder.

stew":3v71tb4n said:
Good luck with the gun, i really like the 700 BDL, have owned 7 of them and as mentioned like the older ones. first one was a 30-06 i think in late 70s maybe early 80s have since sold the 3 magnums and one of the 280s and had the 22-250 rebarreled into a 7mm-08.
In the 30-06 best i have found in the 2 i load for has been the speer 180 BTSP with
IMR 4831 powder.
Thank you! I will definitely keep that in mind.

Hawk

Looks really beautiful, if it shoots as good as it looks you'll be a happy man! I'm sure it won't be too difficult to find a good load.

gerry":xtfszubz said:
Looks really beautiful, if it shoots as good as it looks you'll be a happy man! I'm sure it won't be too difficult to find a good load.
Thank you!
I will work diligently to find one for her.

Hawk

FWIW, another load that has worked quite well for me is 56.0 gr. og W760, 165 gr. Nosler AccuBond, Winchester brass and WLR primer. Groups have been sub MOA and I took a cow elk with tat load a few years back. The bullet was not recovered. I haven't run that one through the Remingtons yet as I had worked it up for use in a custom Mauser 30-06 with a non-standard (1 in 12") twist barrel. Might be worth a try.
Paul B.

PJGunner":25ik6rwe said:
FWIW, another load that has worked quite well for me is 56.0 gr. og W760, 165 gr. Nosler AccuBond, Winchester brass and WLR primer. Groups have been sub MOA and I took a cow elk with tat load a few years back. The bullet was not recovered. I haven't run that one through the Remingtons yet as I had worked it up for use in a custom Mauser 30-06 with a non-standard (1 in 12") twist barrel. Might be worth a try.
Paul B.
Oh yeah! Can't argue with success.
I do like the 165 gr AB's.
It wouldn't surprise me if it was just as good in the M700's.
Thank you for the advice. I appreciate it!
I've been looking for StaBall 6.5, and it looks to be another good powder for the '06 as well.

Hawk

PJGunner":1oarnqx8 said:
Paul B.
I love the W760, I have matched it to several cartridges with heavy bullets to reduce the number of powders I have to stock, and 760 is usually pretty easy to find compared to some.

coop22250":2lru2tkj said:
PJGunner":2lru2tkj said:
Paul B.
I love the W760, I have matched it to several cartridges with heavy bullets to reduce the number of powders I have to stock, and 760 is usually pretty easy to find compared to some.
That's good stuff to know.

Hawk

lhsako":2pe3l9d9 said:
Nice rifle !! Old school finish too.....brings back memories
Thank you! Yes, I like the old school finish too. That's why I wanted it. Nostalgia I guess.
I had a friend right when I started hunting at my first got to F.E. Warren, had a Remington 700 BDL, not to much different than mine, but it was in .25-06, which he brought in '86, and that thing was superbly accurate. He could cover 5 shots with a quarter. Had an old Redfield Wideview 3-9x40mm. It was his coyote and light game animal rifle.

Hawk

I almost forgot to mention that this rifle balances extremely well, and comes up to my shoulder smoothly, without little effort. I think I have just the right height, and arm length to where it feels natural bringing it up to fire in a quick motion.
Anyone else have that same experience as I have?

Hawk

TXbaldhunter":vh6u82v8 said:
Yep,that is one thing I like about Remington's they fit me so well.
Yeah, just can't beat it!

Hawk

Back