Remington SPS or Weatherby Vanguard

Hi I would be very interested in a Vanguard but they do not make a lefty.
I have 5 700s 2 older BDLs and 3 cdls. I must be one lucky guy because all of them shoot under a 1"moa using my led sled.
I now have had the factory triggers in all of them let down to 3lbs. and they are crisp and smooth.
Just my experience:)

Blessings,
Dan

They are both excellent! The trigger on the newer Vanguard is a vast improvement. Three differences IMO are.
1. The Weatherby Vanguard is limited to a 24 " barrel.
2. The Weatherby Vanguard is about a pound or so heavier.
3. The Weatherby vanguard has a thicker (therfore potentially more accurate) barrel.
Based on the 308 Win. cal. A long barrel isn't an asset and the price difference for a Remington versus Vanguard puts the vote again in the Vanguard's favor. If it were up to me I'd buy the Savage, but It's not, so the Vanguard is the superior weapon for the price. IMO
Greg

I'd have to say each gun has it's merit, so it really depends on how much you play with and customize your rifles. Between an SPS synthetic/blued & a Syn/blued vanguard without changing anything I'd go for the vanguard. I will agree that my vanguard trigger has alot of creep, it was bought in 08 in canada, so it may well be a 07. Shoots sub MOA anyday of the week.

I have a couple 700's too. One is a VSSF with an HS stock that has been rebarreled to 22-250AI, the other a 700 VTR 223 that is on it's way to the smith for truing and rechambering to 223 AI. Should be a great shooter when it comes back, but the smith ended up not having the reamer and I had to order one from PTG, which was $$$ I didn't want to spend. Now I have it, so won't have to buy another one.

JT.

Go Rem if you want to play with and lose money on your guns, it's lots of fun, just don't sell them after. Customs are usually only exactly what their creator wanted, not neccessarily what everybody wants.

Return on investment is 50% of whatever parts you buy and usually none of the smith costs, so don't build something you don't want!!!! On the flip side, a well built custom can be your go to rifle over much more expensive guns if you build it exactly the way you want.

JT.

Powerstroke":2m1p52s6 said:
Hard call... I bleed Rem Green, but also just but my first Weatherby SUB MOA in the safe a few months back. Got a good deal on it in .270wsm so it was hard to pass. Dollar for dollar the sub moa is the better value compared to the SPS.
My last Rem purchase was a SPS in .257 Bee - the finish work ( where I say your pride shows ) is lacking ! it is a good shooter though :grin:

I bleed Remmy Green also and have bought three new 700 in the past four years that have been great shooting rifles. I also agree with Powerstroke that the finish on SPS rifles are the worst i have ever seen. My SPS V .243 would rust if you look at it wrong. Thats why i had to get it Duracoated.

029.jpg

032.jpg

Back