Rifle Build

sask boy

Ammo Smith
Nov 4, 2007
I am a little disappointed as I received a email back from RMR and was advised that major parts will not be in until late Sept at the best. I was hoping to use the 35 for late Elk, I guess when you expect quality you have to be patient. It is not as if my trusty CDL can't do the job :wink:
I think that I have approximately 200 rounds of 130gr ABs loaded up I should be able to get through this season okay :lol:
But than again, I better check my inventory :roll:

Blessings,
Dan

...or you could run out & buy a .325 WSM, just to cover all the bases... :mrgreen:

Nope going back to traditional calibers for this year anyways :wink:
Still might do a 270 WSM or a 6.5 X 284 or even a 300WSM.
But as the saying goes so many calibers and to little time :)

Blessings,
Dan

Bummer, Dan. I know the boys have been working steadily all summer. They are driven to turn out quality rifles. Consequently, I know where there is an excellent 6.5-284 (Savage 116) in Grande Prairie. The price is pretty good.

sask boy":3fokwrki said:
Nope going back to traditional calibers for this year anyways :wink:
Still might do a 270 WSM or a 6.5 X 284 or even a 300WSM.
But as the saying goes so many calibers and to little time :)

Blessings,
Dan
You should add a 220 swift, 6,5X55 and a good ol 30-06. You'd be set for anything with traditional calibers.

Dan, I am sure that rifle will be worth waiting for. Mike speaks pretty highly of their builds, so I would imagine you will have one awesome shooter on your hands when it is complete. Heck, you have toppled just about everything walking with your 270 and Nosler's, so I imagine this year won't be too much different! Scotty

That is true Scotty but it just the thought as this is my first custom. So it is pretty special.
I sure hope that everything is going good with everyone, as the best time of the year is a upon us.I wish the best of luck to every one on the forum and remember to play safe :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

Hi Mike, is the 6.5 in a left handed model? Just wondering :wink:

Blessings,
Dan

One was left-handed and one was right-handed. They were at Barton's Big Country in Grande Prairie.

Thanks Mike, for the info :) But I think that I will have to limit myself this year to just one rifle. I think you know approximately what the figure is for that RMR so I will have to wait for a year or so but then again maybe a new contract in January would make a decision a little easier :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

Dan,

Their rifles aren't free, but they do make a good product and they will make it good for you. I haven't been in there much during the past number of weeks except to pick up a couple of rifles and head out.

I am not complaining, if you want quality you have to pay for it and I know that they are top notch.
Just looking forward to this rifle a little more cause it is exactly what I want and besides it is CANADIAN HEY :mrgreen:

Blessings,
Dan

Back