Rifle received

Congratulations on receiving a fine rifle for your use. It is obviously performing well you. Also congratulations on a great shot on the elephant. Facing a charging elephant at 30 yards would be "high drama" in my life. Wishing you safe journeys. Thank you for sharing.

Dan

Thanks for the update Jamila,

And by the way, you and your folks are doing good work. Pretty sure that while carrying on the projects they do sometimes they have to step in dung................ just shake that off your boots and don't let it bother you................. :>)

Africa Huntress":3q7z6koj said:
I gave Cole the answer to his question a couple days ago but since that time I have been ask to post it on the open forum. Example : a hundred pound Elephant means that one tusk weighed 100 pounds. The "reference" is always whatever the weight the largest tusk was. The tusks seldom weight the same and one may even be broken

elephants tend to dig with one tusk more than the other ( just like we are right or left handed ) and the tusk they use the most will be smaller.

The elephant in question was 84 ( his second tusk was 81 )

Cole, you are so correct
My mum is currently back in Africa and working hard on the poaching problem. We need more equipment, better equipment, more people in the field, and tougher penalties for those caught. At this moment only 4 countries in the world are against the ivory ban. Canada, South Africa, Namibia, and Japan. Some are surprised that Canada are against the ban, but they have a ivory art industry ( Inuits making various art objects from Walrus ivory ) that they want to protect.

Best Regards,

Jamila

May I just say to a couple of people as nicely as I can--what my mum does or does not do with her money is her business--not yours. What she has done for some members here is also none of your business and just because she has done things for some does not automatically make you entitled---maybe she doesn't like you!

LOL.
Jamila, my offer still stands! :)
Good to read your posts again. Keep it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back