RL19 Substitute

In forty plus years in Canada, I saw one bottle of Hunter. I jumped on it like a chicken on a June Bug. I've never seen another one. If I did...

StaBALL 6.5 is dang versatile. Almost Ram Shot Hunter velocity with top speed bar none in some other cartridges like .270 and '06 if you load other rounds like those. From data sources, not experience.

Of note, StaBALL 6.5 is listed as slower in burn rate than both IMR and H4350 in the .338 Win Mag, but less charge weight with the 210 Partition in Hodgdon data.

StaBALL 6.5 is dang versatile. Almost Ram Shot Hunter velocity with top speed bar none in some other cartridges like .270 and '06 if you load other rounds like those. From data sources, not experience.

Of note, StaBALL 6.5 is listed as slower in burn rate than both IMR and H4350 in the .338 Win Mag, but less charge weight with the 210 Partition in Hodgdon data.
Hunter in 7-08 also

Just putting this out there. If anyone finds or sees IMR4831 PLEASE pm me. Honk a horn, throw a rock at me or something, just get my attention. Lol
N550 is in stock at several places. What cartridge and load are you needing this for?

H4831sc will get you circa 40-50fps over H4350 though max load will be compressed. I am in the same boat in that RL19 is rare as hens teeth in Australia at the moment and it is the go to for the 338wm in that 210-225grain bullet category.

Just putting this out there. If anyone finds or sees IMR4831 PLEASE pm me. Honk a horn, throw a rock at me or something, just get my attention. Lol
Joe, I got a unopened 8 lb jug.........don't use IMR4831 a lot, and what I do I can for the time being use out of a 1 lb can that I have. I'm not sure where you're at, I suspect we are pretty far apart, but if there was a way to exchange, I'd be willing to exchange for a different powder. It's not like I'd have any trouble getting rid of it around here if I wanted, but if you need it and there's a way to work something out, I'd help you out if I can.

Joe, I got a unopened 8 lb jug.........don't use IMR4831 a lot, and what I do I can for the time being use out of a 1 lb can that I have. I'm not sure where you're at, I suspect we are pretty far apart, but if there was a way to exchange, I'd be willing to exchange for a different powder. It's not like I'd have any trouble getting rid of it around here if I wanted, but if you need it and there's a way to work something out, I'd help you out if I can.
I appreciate that very much. I’m not really in dire straits yet, I’ve got about 5 lbs left. It’s just been so long since I’ve seen any that I’d buy it if found. I use it in 2 270’s, 2 30-06’s with 180’s, and 2 7mm Rem Mag‘s for some 139-140 grain loads. It’s the main powder I use for the 270’s and 06’s but is pretty darned accurate in SST and BT loads for the 7mm’s.

I appreciate that very much. I’m not really in dire straits yet, I’ve got about 5 lbs left. It’s just been so long since I’ve seen any that I’d buy it if found. I use it in 2 270’s, 2 30-06’s with 180’s, and 2 7mm Rem Mag‘s for some 139-140 grain loads. It’s the main powder I use for the 270’s and 06’s but is pretty darned accurate in SST and BT loads for the 7mm’s.
I've used it in 264wm almost 40 years now (38 to be exact) with sierra 100gr hp's and 140gr Spbt's. I used to have the 85gr'ers, but used imr4320.

(y) No problem, just thought I'd offer. I haven't attempted at all to barter with it around home here because like you, there's nothing I use regularly that I'm in bad shape of needing. I'd imagine in a day or 2 if I'd make some calls I could soon have it traded for something like IMR 4350, Big Game, etc.

Or I can just keep it and use it. However the cartridges I'm currently using it for I'll be 142 give or take until I have it used up. :D

I've got loads with SB6.5 in my 270 and 30-06 they I'm happy with. Did well in the 7mm08 I had also. Dan.

Back