Ruger Customer service

lefty315

Handloader
Sep 29, 2004
Since this involves a rifle I thought I'd put it in the rifle section. I've posted before how I appreciate great customer service. Nosler and Leupold have always treated me very well. Recently Moen, sink fawcet manufacturer, was outstanding. Today I had something happen that reafirms my appreciation for their company.

Last night I picked up a Ruger No1 RSI IN 6.5x55. The guns ship with high rings but I prefer low rings for the Leupold 1-4x20's I like to use on them. In the past Ruger has exchanged rings for me so I called them again. The customer service representative told me that due to the way the rings are packaged, stuffed in styrofoam instead of retail packaging, they can't take the rings back because they won't be able to sell them. They would ultimately throw them out. I was a little perplexed, but hey it's not my company. The rep then asked me for all of my information and the size of rings I wanted. I told him low rings, to which he said they should be here in about 7 days. He told me they didn't want the other rings back.

That is what I consider great customer service!!

I've got to say- for a large company Ruger seems to have outstanding customer service. In every instance I've had to call them, I came away impressed and satisfied.

Good to know on the rings. I've exchanged a number of pairs of med for low with them over the years. But if they just send you a new set now that gives you even more options.

Wow! That's terrific.

Only had to send a Ruger to the factory for repair once, a Number One with extractor troubles. Local gunsmiths couldn't seem to figure it out, and neither could I. Ruger had my 30+ year old 7mm mag Number One back to me in a week or maybe 10 days, completely fixed, and for free. I was certainly not the original owner.

Wow...

Guy

I had to use Ruger customer service just once. So far. I had just bought a new stainless single six convertible and the rear sight had almost no adjustment. Since it was brand new I decided not to try and fix it but to let them do it. So, they sent me a label and I sent them the pistol.
Someone had gotten the spring under the sight out of whack when assembled. They fixed that but also did a list of other stuff. I didn't recognize all the parts and stuff they tuned or replaced. I didn't even know anything else was even wrong with it.
On the other hand I haven't been so lucky with Browning. The first time I called them they really put in a effort and I even talked to a senior engineer, who got it fixed.
The second time I talked to someone who didn't seem to know what a gun was. Who then proceeded to blame me for the malfunctions. Needless to say that left a sour taste.

It was almost like calling customer service when your new computer crashes and you get some teenager in New Delhi who can't speak english, and on top of that the connection's bad.

I have never had to send anything back to ruger, but I've always heard their customer service was excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Earlier this year I called them about a Super Black hawk 44 mag. I purchased in 1986 . It had always shot high I called to ask if they could put a taller front sight on. they said they couldn't but could I sent the gun in so they could look at it. I did , 2 weeks later I had it back . New hammer, new trigger , new rear sight , a note saying " barrel fixed" , all my old parts , and a Target shot at 15 yards that was a 1.5" group. No Charge. Needless to say I was happy , it shoots better than it ever has. I have no problem recommending Ruger.

I bought my Super Blackhawk .44 in 1979. If I called and asked them if they could install fiberoptics on this pistol because I can't see the old ones well anymore, wonder what they would do?

When I called them I ask them to install a taller fiber optic front sight and was willing to pay. They told me they didn't do custom gunsmithing. My back up plan was to contact Williams gun sight here in MI to see if they could do it. Maybe you could try them. Mine is shooting good enough I'm going to leave it as is for now.

Back