Rung Primers

wvbuckbuster

Handloader
Nov 5, 2015
Powder Valley has Rung #5341 large rifle primers for sale. I'm not familiar with this name. Anyone have any info on this? Not cheap $112.00 per 1000 but available. Dan.

Saw that yesterday & almost made the plastic cry... again... this month. Almost.

It's RUAG. I believe they're a top tier European munitions co.

They also make RWS brass if my memory still works. Too many mergers & acquisitions to keep track of anymore.

Saw that yesterday & almost made the plastic cry... again... this month. Almost.

It's RUAG. I believe they're a top tier European munitions co.

They also make RWS brass if my memory still works. Too many mergers & acquisitions to keep track of anymore.
RUAG, your right. I didn't type it correctly,:D Dan.

These are made at the same facility that makes RWS/Dynamit Nobel/Brenneke primers. They are top notch. The primer in question is the military spec primer for 7.62 NATO and new production Boxer 7,5x55 Swiss GP-11 MG ammo. I'd expect qualities similar to the CCI 34 in terms of cup thickness and higher brisance than standard LR primers. I have contacts in Switzerland through my Swiss shooting club that have been using this primer for a decade or so with good results. The word is it works well in 7.62 or larger cases, but is a little hot for the 6mm target cartridges.

Back