Barnes Brass

wvbuckbuster

Handloader
Nov 5, 2015
Has anybody used this brand? Good, bad indifferent? Just curious and have no experience with it. Powder Valley has some on sale. Dan.

In the past it was Remington brass , today who knows. I still use Remington brass to this day for my 308 and 30-06.
Found this response on another forum
IMG_4355.png

Interesting. I wasn't aware that Barnes made brass.

JD338

In the past it was Remington brass , today who knows. I still use Remington brass to this day for my 308 and 30-06.
View attachment 21740
Thanks for the information. I guess if you want to gamble the price isn't much if it works well for you. Same can be said of some others, I guess. Dan.

View attachment 21740
That's interesting to know where the Barnes brass may originate from. I have a bunch of 7MM Rem that is satmped Barnes. I also have some 45-70 factory ammo that is stamped Starline

Barnes B.jpgBarnes Brass.jpg

I knew the 300 RUM was in fact Remington. The rest are the lowest bidder or based on availability I guess.

Last edited:
My buddy bought new 338 Lapua brass that was headstamped "BARNES". I thought that was odd.

I've seen this brass for sale , but I've never tried it , I have very good results with Lapua brand brass in my 338 Lapua .if it's available , I don't have a reason to try anything else .

Back