Sako L61R, .25-06

magothy1

Beginner
Mar 3, 2012
Just picked this up today, serial number says it was made between 1962 and 1973, haven't narrowed it down any more than that. Bolt face has the very slightest ring on it, can't be many rounds. Pulled it down to clean things, and it appears to have an adjustable trigger. Guess I'll go googling, was wondering in anyone had any experience with these.

They sure weren't shy about using material back then, plenty of steel in that action. It has an interesting set of see thru scope rings, there's a small hole in the mounts under the rings. The scope sits too high to suit me, I'll be hunting a next set.

Any info on the trigger set up would be appreciated.

Steve in SC

I have no useful info for you - but it seems like a very cool rifle from what you've written.

Looking forward to photos and a range report!

Guy

Shot it yesterday and today, used 100 gr Sierra Pro Hunters over 4831, tried and true load for the other .25-06's. Went under an inch at 100 yards right off the bat, two slightly different OAL's. I'm in love. Lord, the work I've had to do with a few other rifles to get that. The trigger looks to be easily adjustable, from what I read on a Sako forum. Time will tell, but I'm off to a nice start.

Sounds like a nice rifle and she is a shooter too! Congratulations on a nice find.
Post some pictures of your rifle.

JD338

Sounds like a great find, looking forward to the pictures as well.

That's a beautiful rifle. Good buy there. Seems the Finns build good rifles. Both my Tikkas shoot and handle well.

Back