Sale at Optics Planet

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
On a lot of stuff it looks like, but what interested me and what I'm passing along is their sale on 30 caliber 150 gr Sierra Pro Hunters. $25 a box and free shipping. I got a good stash of them at that, and if you apply for email sign up and apply that coupon you get another 9% off your order. I saved a bunch compared to typical retail on those bullets.

Yep, I got a stash of them. Good bullets, especially at that price and with the discount on top of it.

Also I noticed Natchez has no hazmat fee today and tomorrow. I don't need anything involving hazmat at today's prices, but the offer is there, and they have primers........just thought I'd pass it along.

Well, I checked it out. Found couple of other bullets haven't seen for a while so got some of them. Don't care much for their webpage set up. It didn't allow my code for 10 per cent off but gave another for 9. With free shipping wasn't a total lost. Thanks for the heads up Jeff. Dan.

Yep, I got a stash of them. Good bullets, especially at that price and with the discount on top of it.

Also I noticed Natchez has no hazmat fee today and tomorrow. I don't need anything involving hazmat at today's prices, but the offer is there, and they have primers........just thought I'd pass it along.
Natchez will likely have 10% off for 4th of July plus either free shipping or hazmat can't remember which. They had that sale last year and maybe even Memorial day will have a good sale as well only issue is no guarantee when it comes to which products they will have in stock. It's like SPS has sales but what good is a sale if they have no product.

UPDATE ON MY ORDER. Got the confirmation email on my order and it showed 2 of the items backordered and not expected till July so I canceled it. My son just told me that they have done him that way couple of times and he won't do business with them anymore. Poor way to do business showing items in stock when they aren't. I won't be back. Dan.

UPDATE ON MY ORDER. Got the confirmation email on my order and it showed 2 of the items backordered and not expected till July so I canceled it. My son just told me that they have done him that way couple of times and he won't do business with them anymore. Poor way to do business showing items in stock when they aren't. I won't be back. Dan.

I'm glad you posted the update ... I thought I was the only one who refuses to do business with Optics Planet after they pulled that stunt on me as well.

Optics Planet is based out of Chicago. That was a major red flag for me and it should be for anyone.

After 3 different incidents of them showing items in stock I quit even looking at their website.

My email shows order processed for the amount I ordered. I never done business with them before that I recall? If you ordered any of the Sierra 150's that could've been my fault. I got a pile at that price.

If anything doesn't go through or there's a hold up beyond normal with my order and shipment, I'll be sure to post it.

I bought from them twice. Long ago. First time processed and shipped fine.
Second time processed, then got back order notice. I was in “short” schedule for the item. So I cancelled and bought elsewhere

So just an update on this. I don't remember what time I put the order in, but at noon yesterday I got an email of the order confirmation. At 1:00 I got an email stating the order was being processed. At 8:00 last evening I got an email stating the order is on its way with a UPS tracking number provided. When I view the tracking details it shows the package weighs 45.20 lbs which sounds about right.

Order processed, packaged, and set up for pickup and shipping same day. Maybe I was fortunate but even Larry Potterfield doesn't usually pull that off.

So just an update on this. I don't remember what time I put the order in, but at noon yesterday I got an email of the order confirmation. At 1:00 I got an email stating the order was being processed. At 8:00 last evening I got an email stating the order is on its way with a UPS tracking number provided. When I view the tracking details it shows the package weighs 45.20 lbs which sounds about right.

Order processed, packaged, and set up for pickup and shipping same day. Maybe I was fortunate but even Larry Potterfield doesn't usually pull that off.
I think you were fortunate to order bullets that were actually in stock and not falsely advertised as being in stock. I did in fact order some of the 30 cal 150gr but canceled the whole order as a matter of principle. I'm done with them. Dan.

I think you were fortunate to order bullets that were actually in stock and not falsely advertised as being in stock. I did in fact order some of the 30 cal 150gr but canceled the whole order as a matter of principle. I'm done with them. Dan.

I don't know, I'd likely give them another whirl if I ever see another real deal on something I need or can use. If it were not for some comments on here I wouldn't know anything different. I ordered Monday and it was sitting on my porch today. With the discount those PH bullets cost me $24.11 per box of 100, tax included, with free shipping. That's a steal at todays prices. They have the Sierra 150 gr GK's and they're priced at $53.49.

I don’t even bother ordering bullet from them anymore , never got any of their "In Stock” bullets. Scopes , rings , and bases not an issue though.

Back