Saturday morning surprise!

tddeangelo":2msnk4qz said:
blackandtan, I hunt with an outfitter, and hunt just west of 95 a bit south of Roanoke Rapids. We're still in a 4-buck limit area. Then he has other properties east of 95 near Scotland Neck where he sometimes takes us. There are more dog hunters near his lodge, so sometimes if they're really running around, he'll take us down to Scotland Neck to get away from them, as there aren't as many running dogs down that way.

The outfitter limits his hunters to 2 bucks and 2 does as part of their hunt, though, so I won't be shooting more than two. I've been down four times with him (this will be the 5th), and I've shot 2 bucks on two of those trips and just one buck on the other 2 trips. Hopefully I'm up for another 2-buck hunt this year!

This is great tom and a nice change from Pa. Good Luck

tddeangelo":2ge8v8gm said:
Thanks!

I hunt with Jeff Wolgemuth and Roanoake Tar Guide Services. He has properties leased in the area south of Rapids, then also out toward Scotland Neck as well. It's a nice change of pace from the frantic, crazy pressure of rifle season here in PA.

Sounds like a good place too be Tom.
I know what you mean about the pressure in PA, it is the same here in MI.

JD338

Don't get me wrong...the pressure moves deer, and sitting "dark to dark" is a very valid game plan during rifle season, as deer can be moved around almost any time of the day.

When I hunt in NC, it's much more similar to bowhunting here, except my reach is far longer. ;)

Great buck Tom! Great shooting!

Good looking buck Jim. Hope it happens for you buddy!

Nothing like a bow kill. Nice shooting and good write-up Tom. Glad to see you have another successful bow season. Muzzies are timeless. I love the, "Saw a decent rack on his head and stopped looking at it" part. Makes me laugh as it sounds very familiar to a story I will soon tell. One that is not as bountiful as yours unfortunately.

Back