Savage 16 6.5 creedmoor going back to savage!

Michael C. Smith

Beginner
May 24, 2016
Well I have been fooling with this rifle for little over a week now. I haven't been able to get a good consistent load with the 130 AccuBond. Little back ground this chamber is has some tooling marks that is leaving marks on the shoulder of my cases. So I haven't been happy with that. Was also getting very flat primers with charges that where 1 .5 grains off max with AccuBond loaded to 2.775 C.O.A.L. decided to move out to 2.800 C.O.A.L. still same thing. Loaded a dummy round to max C.O.A.L of 2.825. Chambered the round and removed it and measured it. 2.805. So I think this explains the bad accuracy with the AccuBond and bt. I think it is also the reason for the flat primers I am right up in the lands. The bolt face is also not very smooth. I think the head space may be off which is also causing the flattened primers. The first 20 rounds where factory Hornady 140 Eldx Match ammo. The primers with the factory stuff were pretty flat too and the heads were roughed up too. The shot pretty good. I have read they like to be close to the lands so that explains that. So with this rough chamber messing up the brass and not even being able to load max C.O.A.L it's going back to savage to be worked on.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Do not say anything about reloads when you talk to them. Mention rough chamber, bolt head and headspace.

Back