Savage coyote rig

hunter24605

Handloader
Apr 30, 2016
Started with this savage Axis 6mm ARC, replaced the stock with a Magpul Hunter Lite with aluminum bedding V-blocks. Couldn’t find an AICS mag for ARC or Grendel, but a 224 Valkyrie works with a smidge of modification. Added a Desh Ind. bolt lift kit, and ran a series of Tubbs bullets through it. I have the Mcarbo flat trigger drop in on the way. Added an ARCA plate for the tripod and a pic rail for the sniper hog light LR-66 with upgraded led. Topped with an ATN night vision scope. Have some 87 V-max ready to start experimenting with. So far it shoots the 108 ELD retail ammo into tiny little bug holes. I’d be willing to bet that retail ammo is based off the 52,000 psi standard for gas guns and not the 62,000 psi bolt gun data.

Attachments

• IMG_0871.jpeg
    IMG_0871.jpeg
    547.1 KB · Views: 29
Think I’m closing in on the 87 V-max and LeverEvovolution. This load is .2 grain over Hornady max for BOLT gun 62,000 psi data. Not safe for gas guns! Might start tweaking COAL and give it a kiss of a crimp with the lee collet crimp die. Still, I think as is it’ll put down yotes and bobcats. This is after installing the Mcarbo flat trigger set to 2 lbs, and not with the night vision scope, have the Vortex Diamondback mounted.

Attachments

• IMG_0919.jpeg
    IMG_0919.jpeg
    162.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Now why didnt I think of that?!?? With a set up like that I could make points with the wife, doin' "dish duty" and still keep one eye out the window for ol'e Wiley. Pretty slick. CL

Back