Savage "edge" ....opinions?

Sounds like it is off to a great start. Brains 45-70 XLR is an awesome shooter and has the Remington SN as well. I would take it! Scotty

Bought a savage axis lately, first reloads through it with daughter shooting gave a 3 bullet one raged hole group. I bought the gun for 235 bucks at cabelas with a bushnell scope as packaged. So far every " low quality " gun I have bought in the last 4 years have all been great and give 1" accuracy or better. 8)

Sounds as if your experience is all positive, GmWM. There is nothing wrong with the "bargain" you picked up at Cabelas! :grin: I believe a lot of people would be very appreciative of such a purchase.

Gm weatherby man":1rb345vt said:
Bought a savage axis lately, first reloads through it with daughter shooting gave a 3 bullet one raged hole group. I bought the gun for 235 bucks at cabelas with a bushnell scope as packaged. So far every " low quality " gun I have bought in the last 4 years have all been great and give 1" accuracy or better. 8)

I have a Marlin XL7C in 25-06 and really like it, but I don't see how you can go wrong with a deal like that.
Remember just a few years back a rifle that grouped 1" was one to be treasured because they didn't shoot that well very often, and now the economy rifles do it almost routinely.

WYcoyote":pfu6tiie said:
Gm weatherby man":pfu6tiie said:

I have a Marlin XL7C in 25-06 and really like it, but I don't see how you can go wrong with a deal like that.
Remember just a few years back a rifle that grouped 1" was one to be treasured because they didn't shoot that well very often, and now the economy rifles do it almost routinely.

I almost wanna get one of them, just so I can have a decent 25-06 to monkey around with. I am sure I could make it shoot decent enough to hunt with and they would look sharp in a nice laminated stock. Scotty

Back