Savage Rimfire Trigger

ScreaminEagle

Handloader
Jan 20, 2011
Who makes a decent replacement trigger for the Savage 93R? The trigger on my 17HMR is absolutely horrible! It's the first gen, before the accutrigger. Can I just get an accutrigger? Anyone go through this already? The gun is an absolute tackdriver, but the trigger is floppy and just plain sucks!
Steve

I have a Savage 93H .22 WRM with the Accutrigger. Problem is that this is the only Model 93 that I have owned, so I don't know about the trigger interchange. Call Savage and ask?

Oldtrader3":c8dfrh0r said:
I have a Savage 93H .22 WRM with the Accutrigger. Problem is that this is the only Model 93 that I have owned, so I don't know about the trigger interchange. Call Savage and ask?

Yeah, I guess I'll have to

I can't believe that in a $250 .22 rifle that the trigger mounting is any different for the Accutrigger than for the others? Just a thought?

Bad news DF. The trigger and receiver on the older 93FV are different and not interchangable. All is not lost- google a trigger fix using a .0025 piece of shim stock under the rear trigger assembly screw. It shortens up the sear engagement, takes out the creep. Mine is a decent 3.5lbs.

Bad news DF. The trigger and receiver on the older 93FV are different and not interchangable. All is not lost- google a trigger fix using a .0025 piece of shim stock under the rear trigger assembly screw. It shortens up the sear engagement, takes out the creep. Mine is a decent 3.5lbs.

Back