Scope advice needed.

Sorry cannot comment on tracking as the two older versions (not the i) that I have, have the varmint reticles (like the B&C with finer crosshairs and extra dots for 20 mph crosswinds) in them, but are great glass. On my 6.5 Creedmoor and my 250AI.
I only have one 3i scope and it is the 2.5-8x36 and is on my Ruger Model 77 KRSI 250 Savage. So far, it is performing well. Have not used it extensively yet.

If it is a great price, get it and try it. If happy, you are set. If not what you were hoping for, then at a steal, you shouldn't be out too much by reselling it. And then you will know first hand, and can share your findings with the rest of us!

I decided to take a chance on the Leupold vx3i 4.5 * 14 * 40 mm and the 30 mm tube. It does have the CDs and I'm just hoping it will track correctly and Return To Zero correctly wish me luck thank you guys

I decided to take a chance on the Leupold vx3i 4.5 * 14 * 40 mm and the 30 mm tube. It does have the CDs and I'm just hoping it will track correctly and Return To Zero correctly wish me luck thank you guys
I have the vx3, 4.5 X 14 X 40 X 30mm scope with one external turret on my 280 AI. It works fine, great scope.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=39276

So I bought it. I have not mounted my VX3i in case I change my mind.

Someone at work suggested the Vortex PST gen 2 3x15x44. Nice scope decent price but 28 ounces! Heavy. They said it would track better.

One of your requirements was light weight.
That Vortex is what, 1/2 lb heavier?
Sorry cannot provide any feedback on tracking of either the Leupold CDS or the Vortex, as I have used neither.
I have a scope that I can order the CDS for, but I have not done so as yet, in 7 years. Hasn't been a priority for me.
All I can say is the reviews in hunting and shooting magazines for the CDS has been good, with no issues regarding tracking issues that I can recall.

Over here we have Zeiss, Leupold, Vortex, Nikon and some others.

Our first VX3i was a couple of years ago when we decided to upgrade the scope on Dad’s 270 from a Nikon. Just with swapping scopes his groups improved markedly! Both of us were so impressed that we purchased identical VX3i’s for our 450 Bushmaster Rugers, and I have another on a 270 Win Mark V.

I find the glass extremely good, much better than the Vortex HS LR or Nikons and often as good as the Zeiss Conquest. So far we have had no problems with any of them regarding return-to-zero with the CDS dial.

I look forward to what you have to say about the scope.

Back