Scope Choice

Transvaal

Beginner
Aug 3, 2006
Hi All!

In SA the only scopes that's priced right is the local Lynx range and the Burris and some Leupold's

How does the leupold compare to the burris range?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

To my younger 20 year old eyes, I dont like Burris. I dont think there crisp, clear, or bright at all. On the other hand, you wont find a rifle in our house w/out a Leupold on top of it. Leupolds hold there value better, should you ever want to get rid of it. There warranty is unmatched. There scopes are very bright, crisp, and clear all the way around the edges. Best thing to do is look through each scope. Everyones eyes are different and therefor sees things differently through scopes. I wished I couldn't tell the difference between a $100 scope and a $400 one.

Leupold is the only way to go! Quality and customer service are
second to none.
Buy the best you can afford, and if you can, go with a Leupold VXIII.

JD338

Another vote for Leupold.

I got my first one in 1974, and it's still a fine scope, after 32 years of hunting...

I've only had to return a scope to Leupold for service twice - both times it was repaired for free, and was back to me within a week. Pretty darned fine customer service.

Almost all of my rifles have Leupold scopes of one kind or another on them. Hunting rifles as well as target/match rifles.

Regards, Guy

Luepold.....hands down. I have Burris, Millet, Maine Vue, Simmons, & Leupold. (VX-I, VX-II, and VX-III's) You get what you pay for. The Luepold VX-III is the best scope for the money in my book.

Blaine

Let me phrase it to you this way. I just sold an 8-32x50 Burris Black Diamond and reacently bought a Leupold 8.5-25x50 VXIII to replace it. The leupold is a better scope in most cases.

I have however seen some of the older Signatures (with the daylight, night appature) that would give a VXIII a run for it's money. That being said Burris does make a good scope for the money, however some of the higher magnification Signatures don't have enough adjustment at all.

Go 30mm or go home!

Thanks for the info!!
Seems I have a to buy a leupold after all,
We've got a local range of scopes www.lynx.co.za
that is excellent but i;m building a custom rifle so I want a premier scope

Add another mark for Leupold, with apologies for the tardiness. I have tried others, but they have all been replaced by gold rings. When matching quality to my budget, they simply cannot be beat. If it is needed, their customer service is the best I have ever experienced for any product anywhere in the world.

Back