Scope the .375 !

Nothing wrong with that either.

A .375 can be real accurate, and capable of longish range shooting just fine. I had a 2-7 on my .375 Ruger Number One when I shot the bear.

Am also giving thoughts to the 2.5-8x, someone already mentioned it. I had one on a .300 magnum years ago and it worked out real well. An excellent all-around hunting scope. I could see using one again... Yes indeed.

Guy

My aging eyes can use all the help they can get. :grin: It certainly beats hunting by Braille.

Were I below the line, I'd have that Sample List on my favourites. Those are some fine prices.

Oh man, Guy....Scotty smells blood in the water now! You'll be covered up in optics deals, if he hasn't launched the first salvo by now already!

:lol:

Tom,

Something to consider;

Zeiss has yet to step up to the plate with the victory line. Stepping up as in 6x like a few others. They have with the conquest line with 5x but so far we have not heard squat about victory. If it will happen the price of existing victories will of course go down significantly. Maybe down to the price of the VX6's. That would be a hard deal to pass up!

tddeangelo":3cbitmi3 said:
Oh man, Guy....Scotty smells blood in the water now! You'll be covered up in optics deals, if he hasn't launched the first salvo by now already!

:lol:

He is rather good at that!! But he's only trying to help his friends who can blame him?!?! I know I can't, I'd be doing the same thing!

Charles, my feelings are that Schott is the innovator and Zeiss the beneficiary of significant new technology. Large companies like Zeiss (relatively speaking) and Leupold are not the innovators. It is the Austrians with smaller, more proactive Engineering and Marketing teams who step up to innovation earlier.

IF!!! the price of Victories will go down which is a lot more $ risk for them and Leopold than for the Austrians. (typo Scotty, down boy!) :mrgreen:

Man, if the price of Victories comes down a little, they would just about be within range of a poor Marine!

Scotty & Charlie,

"if's and but's.............if they were candy and nuts...............................We would all have a merry Christmas!

I'm not holding my breath but how great would it be to see that happen right about the time that 9.3 is ready???? :grin:

IF! frogs had wings, they would bump their butts, Charles! When is your 9.3 Brenneke going to be done? I am getting old waiting for it!

Long story Charlie but the short version is it is getting some alterations done. Everyone is backed up so I was thinking by this Fall but that hope is fading. More than likely Late Fall/eary winter. It's been over 2 years now and just like you said would be, a pain in the arse. :lol:

Well, I imagine it'll be danged slick when you do get it though Chuck. It really sounds like a rifle worth waiting for and you picked out some really pretty wood too, if I remember correctly

Charles, some things you just can't hurry and that is one of them, not if you are fussy about what you get.

Charles, I trust your Brenneke pleases you as much as mine has pleased me. It is a great cartridge.

DrMike":2uw6li8t said:
Charles, I trust your Brenneke pleases you as much as mine has pleased me. It is a great cartridge.

Doc,

It's been a ride and many of the pitfalls Charlie had warned me of but, they still came true. It will be done and when finished it really will be nice. Also wanted to thank you for your help on this.

Always pleased to help a fellow gun crank. I should be planning to carry my Brenneke for moose this week.

I have no doubt that it will work very well for either moose or elk. Grizzly was what I originally had in mind when I built this one, however. I do like to see those big mountain bears flatten at the shot. It makes me much more comfortable to know they are down for the count.

DrMike":2lxs31tr said:
I have no doubt that it will work very well for either moose or elk. Grizzly was what I originally had in mind when I built this one, however. I do like to see those big mountain bears flatten at the shot. It makes me much more comfortable to know they are down for the count.

No doubt. I like dropping game right where it stands, and with a grizzly, I think it would be real important to do so...

Guy

Back