Scope the CZ 22

I would get a 3-12x40scope if you are going to use it for varmits. If you are going to use it for targets, I would get a 16x.

My current rim fires have a 2-7x28 VXII on the .22 LR semi auto and a 2-10x40 Minox ZA5 on the .22 WMR, bolt action.

Is there any benefit to throwing a centerfire scope on top of a rimfire?

Absolutely. Most rimfire scopes are parallax adjusted for 50-60 yards. There is really no disadvantage in using a centerfire scope on a rimfire. Plus you get many more scope configurations and other features available to you with a centerfire scope, particularly in power range and in scope quality. No company makes high quality scopes for rimfire rifles.

Looking at:
Zeiss Terra 2-7
Vortex Viper 3-9x40
Zeiss Diamondback 2-7

Thoughts?

I have two CZs
A scout for the kids with a Weaver 2-7
My Anerican has a Weaver 3-9x33 AO

Both rimfire scopes
Love em

Oldtrader3":29p4c14u said:
Weaver rimfire's are good. I put a Zeiss Conquest 2.5-8x32 on my CZ.

Holy smokes Charlie!! Man, that's a sweet scope for ANY rifle... I tried to get in on a used one, and struck out.. One of the best scopes Zeiss quit making.

I would love to try out one of their Duralyte's in 2x8 with their #60 reticle.

Scotty, I thought about buying the 2-8x42 Duralyte but the 60 (illuminated) reticle version was $999. which is $150 more than I paid for my HD5, 3-15x42, Z600 reticle, Conquest which I ordered. Also, DrMike had commented on the Cheapness and lightweight construction look of the Duralyte with all of the chrome, plus what I wanted was to try the Tessar (T*) lens of the new German made HD5 Conquest, not flash. I don't want bells and whistles, I want performance and reliability. I have high hopes for the new HD5 scope in this regard.

The older 2-8x32 Conquest was bought for my .45-70 Marlin and I used it on the .340 Weatherby as well for a few years because that model is one of the toughest scopes Zeiss has ever made, according to them. It still looks like new except for a couple of ring marks. If I ever want to sell it, I will let you know first comer. Zeiss is now making a Terra Conquest in 2-7 which might be a decent scope? They may bring back the lower magnification scopes. I think Zeiss made and error discontinuing the 1.25-5x36 and the 2-8x33 scopes. They were exceptionally tough and appropriate for he big guns.

Oldtrader3"The older 2-8x32 Conquest was bought for my .45-70 Marlin and I used it on the .340 Weatherby as well for a few years because that model is one of the toughest scopes Zeiss has ever made said:
Thank you Charlie! I think I have a rifle for that scope!

Should be an awesome scope for a 22!

I have it on my CZ 453, .22LR at the moment and it works great at 50 yards on out to 100 yards which is where I need it. Great all around scope for its range and small size on a dynamite rifle for accuracy!

I just hope that the HD 5 works as well as I hope that it will, with the T* glass upgrade.

Oldtrader3":beevs91q said:
I just hope that the HD 5 works as well as I hope that it will, with the T* glass upgrade.

The two I have seen were very nice Charlie. I think they are very good till your talking about 30mm tubes like the Z6 and Victory/Diavari.

I have a 2-7 VX-I on one of my rimfires, and another on my muzzle loader. Leave them set on 4x most of the time, so I'm slowly tumbling to the conclusion that a fixed 4 is about perfect.

I have a 2-7x28 VXII Rimfire on my other .22, a Model 63 Winchester (Miroku) both purchased in 2001. On my .22WMR Model 93 Savage, I have a 2-10 AZ5 Minox. I leave them set on the lowest power most of the time. With the CZ 453 having a Conquest 2.5-8x32 on it, I am pretty set for .22 scopes. I like having 7 or 8 power on the rimfire's because I shoot rats (through the eye) under the bird feeder and need the higher scope power for that precision.

Back