Scored a new Hoggin' scope

FOTIS

Range Officer
Staff member
Oct 30, 2004
Well I finally found what I think is a great low light scope. Whatcha think?
Burris 1.5-6x40 #4 30mm Euro Diamond Rifle scope

BU200960.jpg

I've handled a few Burris scopes, but never shot with one. The power and tube seems appropriate for low light shooting, however. I'll be interested to hear how it works for you.

I hope you like it better than I like mine... a 2-7x Fullfield I have on my Whelen. I couldn't tell you what it is I don't like about it, but I will replace it at some point. But it a completely different model in the Burris line.

Thank you Jim. I figure the 40mm objective and the 30mm tube will allow more light in. And I do so love the German #4! 8)

Jeez, Pop, I'm sorry. I let my personal feelings about Burris affect my comments. Congrats on the new glass! Now get back to Texas and slay some pork!

That is a nice scope Pop. Looks like it would be right at home on the 358WIN. Scotty

I have handled a couple of the Black Diamond scopes, and found them to be impressive. I have not, however, had a Euro Diamond in my hands. I would think that with the 30 mm tube, they would be a pretty good scope. Did you consider the E-Dot reticle, Fotis? For night hogging, I would think that would be helpful. I have been impressed in recent years by the electronics available on many scopes? Scotty, that wouldn't look good at all on your BLR! :lol:

I have a Burris FFII 2x7 on it right now, and it is a very decent scope for an inexpensive optic. It tracks well and seems to work decent with the 358. Scotty

It's been five days, where is the picture of the scope mounted up? :)

Coming today actually. But the rifle she is getting is not here yet. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Very impressed with the clarity and the light transmition!

What are you going to mount the hog scope on?

JD338

New in box 1985 Rem 700 Classic in 350 Rem mag.

Back