seat problem with the Accubond?

Deadeye

Beginner
Feb 10, 2005
New to reloading. Because of the length of the AccuBond bullet, I have to seat he bullet .060 off the lands to fit in the magazine of my 300wsm Browning A Bolt. I have been told to use Partition load data. Will Seating this long bullet potentially create a compressed load? Any suggestion regarding the magazine.

I have the same gun (browning 300 WSM) and yes, you will have to seat the bullet a little deeper. In fact, every bullet i own i have to seat a little deeper for that gun, but it doesn't seem to hurt performance. I have loaded the 180 gr Partitions at 2900 fps, 200 Gr PT at 2875, and achieved those velocities with load data from the Nolser manual. My gun seems to perform just like the load data says. However, they test with a 26 in barrel i believe, so you'll have to subtract maybe 100 fps for those 3 inches (you have a 23 in tube). check their website at www.nosler.com. they have some loads posted there. I put the accubonds in (180 gr) and got better groups, (sub MOA) and even though it was a compressed load, it still functioned fine, and performed well. just make sure to work up from the min loads they list, but the AB should be about the same velocity as the NP. Just my .02

I had a few 140gr AccuBond's not want to hold to the inside of the case neck of my .280 and would slide down into the case. But heck thats what seating them too deep will do.

Deadeye, you don't have to be near the lands to achieve good accuracy. When you are dealing with short actions not being able to seat close to the lands is very common. If I remember correctly my 7/08 is 60+ off the lands and shoots less than MOA at 100 yds. Compressed loads within reason are not a problem.Rick.

Back