Semi Custom Rifles

I always thought semi-custom was spinning on a quality barrel and adding new stock and trigger on a factory action.
I "THINK" this has changed due to some of the lower priced custom actions .

for the price of "SOME" custom actions you'd have a hard time trueing up a factory REM for the same amount of money . REM had a primary extraction issue with the " R R " series . this needs bolt handle relocation to cure the problem . not a big expense , but it's more money to make it work properly .soon you have the price of a custom action , spent on a factory action . then there is the resale value being lower on a factory action rifle .
 
Depending on how much work you want to do finding a barreled action could be a great choice? I know it's been mentioned above and sound advice also! Several companies offer it on their sites as nearly all are rem700 compatible actions. Finding something in the cartridge you want might be a challenge?
 
​
I got another Email from MOA rifles yesterday . has a bunch of ready to go rifles , priced from $4500 - $10,000 . there was no 280AI listed . it said something like lets us know what you're looking for . I tried to copy the Email here , but it's too big .​
​
​
 
I sent an email to MOA Rifles this morning asking about a potential build. I received a positive non-canned reply back in very short order.
No other manufacturer has responded as quickly in recent (and not-so-recent) memory!
A good sign that their customer service is pretty good. Will see how this continues moving forward...
 
Back
Top