She wants to shoot

salmonchaser

Handloader
Dec 13, 2013
Took the Chistensen to the range today. I think I’m getting close with the Nosler 140 RDF, the AccuBond Long Range and the SST show promise.
I called the two high shots with the AccuBond long range but not the SST.
I’m struggling a little with bench technique, that explains a couple of the called shots. I’m thinking I’ll shorten up the SST and the ABLR.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIMG_3521.jpg

You may just have a shooter on your hands. Not a bad thing at all. Good show.

I'll second what DrMike wrote.

It will be interesting to see how she does once you start stretching her legs.

Looking forward to that. I have hit the plate( 8”)at 700 yards but still need to get use to a chassis rifle. It really feels different from a traditional rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a shooter all right, I've had good luck with the RDFs though H4350 was not to be had when I worked up my 260 Rem. load. Velocities?

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

Electron":32t8moo1 said:
It's a shooter all right, I've had good luck with the RDFs though H4350 was not to be had when I worked up my 260 Rem. load. Velocities?

Come ups for 2750 were spot on at 4-5-600 yard plates. Took two shots to hit at 700. I have a new battery in the magneto speed, I’ll get reliable numbers next time out.

Good shooting! (y)

In my opinion calling a off shot immediately at the shot and not after checking, is not bad bench technique at all but rather good and consistent shooting technique that you know immediately when you messed up, which we humans sometimes do.

Personally I like when immediately at the shot I growl at myself, then when I check it verifies what I suspected, even if not off that far. Being in tune with mistakes helps to eliminate or greatly reduce the frequency of them in the future.

I agree, I’m just a little surprised how much different this rifle feels compared to traditional rifles, the whole vertical grip thing I guess. I’m really fighting trying to find my natural point of aim. Other then that, simply dialing dope and getting first shot hits out to 600 yards, I like that.

salmonchaser":2zihbbst said:
I agree, I’m just a little surprised how much different this rifle feels compared to traditional rifles, the whole vertical grip thing I guess. I’m really fighting trying to find my natural point of aim. Other then that, simply dialing dope and getting first shot hits out to 600 yards, I like that.

Excellent accuracy - and yes - the "modern" vertical grip stocks can take a bit to learn. I've found them great for prone, and not bad for bench shooting either. I'm not as thrilled with the vertical or near-vertical pistol grip for general field shooting. They sure seem to rule the world of target competition though!

Congrats on the excellent accuracy you've achieved.

Guy

I’m surprised I’m fighting the grip; hell I started with an M16 A1; progressed up through M4s but never spent more then a few minutes on a bench with any one rifle. I’m sure it was several 10s of thousands of rounds. I’ll get it figured out because it otherwise is fun to shoot.

salmonchaser":2cxuk94j said:
Electron":2cxuk94j said:

Come ups for 2750 were spot on at 4-5-600 yard plates. Took two shots to hit at 700. I have a new battery in the magneto speed, I’ll get reliable numbers next time out.

Average for 10 rounds was 2735; SD was 7.5.

Back