Shepherd Scopes..

mbmm

Beginner
Aug 18, 2007
Does anyone have one? I am really looking at them and was wondering if anyone can give me some user feedback.......

Nope :lol:

it is just that they are not that popular.

I saw a guy at the gun show today with one, it looked new with the box an paper work , he wanted $300.00 for it. The last time i saw him he was going out the door and still had the scope. I guess no one wanted it.

mbmm

Sorry I missed your post.
The Shepard scopes are not that popular, at least around here.
What features do you like with the Shepard scope, the "O" reticle?

JD338

I have used this scope out west on antelope with excellent results using the 270 and 30-06. I have only shot with it out to 700yds and it will put the bullet very close to whichever circle you are using. It is OK during low light but there is alot of distraction in the scope if trying to use it early/late.

Well boys, I have heard about this scope for a long time. I really got interested after learning that my ranging abilities and windage guessing were not up to par. I did some checking and after a careful review of their website, and the reviews on the Midway site I ordered their catalog.
I want to see what the warrenty is..but I am pretty much sold. One shot zero.......you can see if your zero is off (drop the gun :oops: ) and can see your adjustments for windage and have a visual comformation on zero return.......Just sounds good to me....I know it is pricey and have to make choice of caliber and round/vel.....but.....I don't mind....thanks fellas for the interest and input....

I hope they are more rugged than they used to be. I bought one years ago & used it about 3 years. 2 of my friends also bought one. My secondary crosshair kept moving & I finally traded it off. One of my friends scope messed up & he had to send it back to get fixed. He does not take it on serious trips now! In my view, 2 out of 3 scopes going bad was not a good ratio. If they are more rugged now, fine but I have no proof they are. Too bad he did not go to Leupold or someone with a quality scope & sell the design to them. I like the concept & the 2 reticles alot, but it is of no use if unreliable.

There are a lot of good scopes now with long range reticles. You might consider more research.

nomosendero":2ga8vfq4 said:
I hope they are more rugged than they used to be. I bought one years ago & used it about 3 years. 2 of my friends also bought one. My secondary crosshair kept moving & I finally traded it off. One of my friends scope messed up & he had to send it back to get fixed. He does not take it on serious trips now! In my view, 2 out of 3 scopes going bad was not a good ratio. If they are more rugged now, fine but I have no proof they are. Too bad he did not go to Leupold or someone with a quality scope & sell the design to them. I like the concept & the 2 reticles alot, but it is of no use if unreliable.

There are a lot of good scopes now with long range reticles. You might consider more research.
Did you go back to Shepherd and ask for help?

I talked to Dan Shepherd a time or two. He said I could send it in, but
I traded instead. He is a nice guy & I do not want to bash a product with a concept I like, but again I hope the product is more rugged now!

I decided to go with a leopold vxIII.....better safe than sorry....thanks...

Back